1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS---worth buying??

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by avatar123, Jun 10, 2011.

1. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

Thinking before doing is hard gor me sometimes :|

2. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I care about this.

3. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

That's a huge call considering very few games have come out for it. I'd be willing to make that call AFTER the release of Ocarina of Time.

4. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Because the 4 days really makes a whole difference

5. gettajob0007

gettajob0007 Well-Known Member

I'm just saying, with the unlikely chance of OoT being a major disappointment.

6. viccie211

It isn't unlikely that it is a mayor disappointment, OoT3D was awesome since the first moment I turned it on yesterday.

7. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

It's a fucking remake of one of the best games of that generation.

Huge disappointment.

Are you retarded?

8. SoulSin

SoulSin Well-Known Member

So far as my English interpration goes, I guess he is saying that its unlikely that OoT would be a disappointment game, aka a major sucess.

I am still waiting for the 3DS price to drop. Not worth right now.

9. viccie211

I think you can wait quite a bit of time for that to happen.

10. VongolaTempesta

VongolaTempesta Well-Known Member

short answer no.

11. Jenoin

Jenoin Member

I bought one last week, after having contemplated it for a very long time and then while walking through the shopping center seeing it and thinking: Screw this, I'm buying one NOW. :eek:

I actually wanted to wait as well until more titles are out that are worth playing, but what's done is done and I have to admit I love the 3DS. Love the interface, love the graphics and above all .. I love OOT. Wouldn't be the first time either I buy a console just for the purpose of playing Zelda, like back with the N64, haha :) I only had two games for it back then and that was OOT and MM. But anyway.. I'm missing the point:
    I definitely don't regret buying the 3DS. :) But you might want to wait until there are more titles out that you really want to buy.

12. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

I totally agree with the above post. I bought my 3DS on an impulse as well and I'm totally loving it!
    I think the 3D interface is pretty damned awesome! They really made it 3D without glasses and the effect is really cool especially when playing with some of the built-in minigames.
    I certainly didn't regret buying one... Other than the fact that it's quite pricey.
    Oh but one other issue with it is that it makes your eye degree shoot up pretty quickly, according to a fried anyway. :D
    Peace out!

13. viccie211

I didn't buy my 3DS so that I could play OoT, but I haven't had regrets for a second that I bought OoT afterall.

The 3DS is just an amazing system with so much potential and already a version of the best game ever made, which is made even better than it was. It is definitely worth every eurocent the money I spent on it, and I'm planning to spend some more.

14. Aliie

Aliie Member

of course! I have a 3DS myself (= the graphics are spectacular and i love how its all 3D like though it would be best to buy it when the prices goes down a bit

15. RandomRedMage

RandomRedMage Well-Known Member

It's got a dissapointing lineup of games at launch some of them little more than minigames with full pricetags on them. While all that is annoying as hell, this is the next generation of DS hardware, the 3DS, the DS had a pretty lame starting lineup as well, so did the PSP, it takes a while for developers to get into the swing of things and start producing good games. I think the hadware alone is a good investment, and I'd get it now while it still comes packaged with the dock and what not. Can't promise that it will always have the dock with it when the price lowers.

I've got the money to get one, I just need to go get the damn thing. Still debating weather or not I want to trade in my DSi, it has an autograph from Vic Mignona on it. I would prefer to sell the thing to a friend who would appreciate it, but the only friends I have that would even care about it, already have the Yu-Gi-Oh "Full Helm Knight" card signed by him. [because it looks like Edward Elric, the character he voices]

16. viccie211

@RandomRedMage: If you decide to trade it in, you might want to transfer your DSiWare(if you have it) to the new 3DS first, so you can still play them.

17. RandomRedMage

@viccie211 Well I got my 3ds, its shiney and fun, and 3d looks fantastic! I didn't trade in my DSi however... Since I have mine autographed, they said they would only give me 25 bucks for it. Because they would have to take it in as "Defective" Wow I wanted to punch that guy in the face. Defective? Kid's write their name neatly on the back of a unit in sharpie to claim ait as theirs, and these go in and out of stores all the time, I have a Voice Actor Autograph my unit at an anime convention and it's now considered "Defective?" Fuck You Game Stop.

Anyway, The 3ds is fantastic little peice of hardware. The lineup of released games is a little sad right now but the DS suffered the same problems, same as the PSP and the GBA. [and the N-Gage if anyone remembers that garbage lol]

If anyone wants to trade Mii's I'll upload my QC image thingy whatever its called to here so You can nab my Mii.

18. viccie211

That's really jerkish,wonder what they would give for my DS Lite. like a euro or something.

But you want to trade mii's?

Here's mine
    [​IMG]

19. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

20. RandomRedMage

Here's my Mii thingy. [eventually i'll get a game lol.]
    [​IMG]