1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS tracks and disables pirate cartridge use

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by asianman231, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

the people who's head hurts while using the 3ds probably dont have it set right

2. Avebell

Avebell New Member

I think they do - My M3iZero comes up as some nemo game on my 3ds, so it doesn't look like m3 at all untill you start it up plus as someone above says nothing stops you from switching off Wi-Fi on 3DS (it's got little witch on the side) when you are playing on the card and then only turn iton when you have no card in it or only proper game. When I've donemy first update I had no card on at all.

3. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

hey im having a bit of trouble with my 3DS i updated it 2 days ago but i still cant use the 3ds ware it just says it will be unblocked with an update just like a couple of other features like on the home page the little icon of the world up in the top right corner and it comes up with the same message so i tried to update again and it said my system was up to date

4. viccie211

viccie211 Well-Known Member

That comes in the HALELUJA update which is planned in late may.
    That you can't use DSi/3DSware internet browser and all is perfectly normal.

5. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

ok then i thought it might of been something like that

6. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

I'm wondering about this may update... Will consoles bought after the updated day be updated itself or must I manually do the updat? Also, what's the significance in the update?

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Yes, the consoles will need to be updated most likely because all of the ones without the update will most likely not be sold out.

And it's significant because it will add the eShop, the Internet Browser, System Transfer, and many other features that will be added to the console. I also heard that Netflix will be on the console.

8. frostydrag0n

frostydrag0n Well-Known Member

Ohhh cool! Well then maybe getting a 3DS soon might not be too bad an idea...
    And here's my wishful thinking : I hope the R4 gets a compatible firmware for the 3DS so that I won't needa get another flashcart from eBay or something troublesome like that..!

9. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

Hehe, this amuses me. Theft is theft. What makes one system morally or physically immune to it and another not? Also, I have yet to see evidence of a bricked 3ds in America. Private property rights and commercial rights are stronger here and I don't think Nintendo can legally circumvent them just yet.

In the end, it will probably wind up similar to the PSP. People will learn how to flash CFW onto the NDS and trick the system into thinking it's up to date as well as to run roms from an SD card without the use of a cart at all.

10. wasbeer500

wasbeer500 Well-Known Member

I'm on Nintendo's site baby. I hope they are gonna KILL piracy ;)

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they won't.

12. sasaakoo

sasaakoo Well-Known Member

hmph. just thinkin xD

im 100% sure that pirates and hacker's will try hard to counter or crack the Nintendo 3DS Anti-Piracy >.< so they still can play pirated games even if there's anti-piracy, if that happens.. Nintendo might suicide xD

13. kylehboc

kylehboc Active Member

It doesnt matter whether you wi fi or not,the carts themselves could have update data on them that install without knowledge.Game discs are notorious for this.

14. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Loony all the DS games on this site are undownloadable, but are they still on the "server" so to speak? Could someone like Seph still access them?

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

no they are not still on the server.

16. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Ah, thanks. Awkward time to bring it up I know, but I was curious.

17. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

3ds as the ngp is just sony getting desperate as they are losing the console war nintendo are dominating the consop;e war so sony and microsoft copy the motion technology and try to mke the fat xbox players fitter this id like to see

18. Littlekill

Littlekill Well-Known Member

my thoughts exactly

wat

19. dino340

dino340 Well-Known Member

So if you're a Hadcore COD player, does this mean you play them on the wii? or are you a fat xbox player?

20. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Uh.... you're being stupid on purpose right?