1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS to Stop Piracy In its Tracks.

Discussion in 'Emulation News' started by ace1o1, Jul 10, 2010.

1. FulgoreSama

FulgoreSama Well-Known Member

Just saying, there's bigger than 32GB sd cards :p

2. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

With technology advancing further and further, it's possible x_X

3. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Already been confirmed: Look above/ on another page in this topic

4. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

Anything past 32GB falls into the SDXC category and prices aren't cheap. I've seen them upwards of 1TB, but you have to pay several hundred dollars for a memory card that small that has that much data. Kinda sucks too since I can get a 1TB external hard drive for $100 or less.

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

they quite possibly don't work in existing flashcarts/other equipment anyway because the circuitry is probably different to sd/sdhc

6. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

Then wouldn't brand new flashcarts have to be made for these 32GB Cards to work? ???

7. Loonylion

32GB is sdhc afaik.

8. AnimeboyX3

Sorry for the nooby question but what is afaik?

9. Loonylion

as far as I know

10. AnimeboyX3

Alright thanks for filling me in.

Anywho even if flashcarts made to handle sdhc cards come about ppl are really going to rank in some serious cash if they want to buy them.

11. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Flashcarts can handle SDHC. I think you mean SDXC?

12. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

i still think that something like hacking the 3ds is just plain silly just buy the damn games and dont be cheap plus nintendo will stop piracy on its new machine

13. megashell

megashell Well-Known Member

your stupid! YOU can go buy the games at like 500$ per game, but the rest of us dont have that kind of money for 1 single game.

14. itzzdennis

itzzdennis New Member

The games are $40 apiece. I'm not sure where you got your number from, but it's completely wrong.

15. Loonylion

NEWSFLASH: different countries use different currencies that have different values. Also the same item costs a different amount in different countries.

16. itzzdennis

itzzdennis New Member

He used the dollar sign. $ refers to the US dollar unless stated otherwise. Even if it wasn't used in that context, saying "$500" grossly exaggerates the proportion. I even took the honor of using his currency, the rand, and translating the price into the US dollar.
    1 rand = .1492 US dollars
    Therefore the price of a single $40 USD game should be approximately 268 rands. He blew it out way out of proportion.

Edit: So, the price is actually 440 rands. I guess I was wrong and it wasn't exaggerated.
    Then again, it could always be imported from the UK since both South Africa and the UK use the PAL versions.

17. Loonylion

there's customs charges so it could end up more expensive that way.

18. luneth23

luneth23 Active Member

Hmm...frankly im still confused about all this Bricking stuff thats going on - I bought a 3DS a few days ago and was on the net reading about this apparent rumor. All in all though, the 3DS is going to be much tougher to crack than the previous DS generations are. Its been mentioned that the hackers and Nintendo may go into a never ending war of updates to combat piracy and the hackers making a possible card that runs 3DS Games - since the 3DS can update -

With big games like Zelda OoT, Star Fox 64, Mario Kart coming up, what will happen?

19. Lephantome92

Lephantome92 Well-Known Member

Lol lots will happen, of course!!
    I'm not fully sure, but I'm positive it will involve late nights and LOTS of caffeine!!

20. usernameladiesman217

usernameladiesman217 Well-Known Member

Yeah isn't that kinda like the PSP?