1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS or NGP?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by BigGangstaKillaC93, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Possibly because there hasn't been a recently released console in a long time, people have forgotten how lackluster the launch titles are.

2. Rayman4321

Rayman4321 Active Member

Yes, the NGP has good graphics..... but if I'd choose the NGP, I'd miss the Zelda/Pokemon/Mario games.
    BUT, if I'd choose the 3DS, I'd miss games like Killzone, God of War, Infamous, Ratchet and Clank, Little big planet and Bioshock.

Looking back, the NGP will probably have alot of FPS's.
    BUT, what if we end up emulating the 3DS on our PC's like the NDS?
    Remember, you can play 3DS games while turning the 3D effect off.

3. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Unless it's NES/SNES/N64 era games (where I can display them to 1080p on my TV), I don't enjoy emulation as much as the actual experience. It feels much more authentic to play an actual DS game compared to a DS game on the PC.

4. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get both eventually. Depriving yourself of potentially memorable game experiences on one console, just because you favor the other, is pointless and stupid.
    That being said, I'm going for the 3DS first. I'm going to hold off on the NGP until more games come out and based on whether or not ps2 emulation is possible on it.

5. sonic_fan_num_1

sonic_fan_num_1 Well-Known Member

Having had my hands on the Vita at this year's E3, I can safely say that it's really one of my most anticipated things I can't wait to buy. Everything about it was slick, from the way it felt in your hands, to the amazing screen, to the sound, and its games. It's one thing to be awed by the games in videos, but it's another when you're seeing it by yourself and playing it. Uncharted looked incredible. I was floored when I got to try out the 3DS when it was first shown and at the time I thought, "How can this be running on a handheld?", but the Vita is another beast. However, by saying this, I'm not downplaying the 3DS at all. Resident Evil Revelations looks incredible on it. I was very impressed by Revelations at E3 from its graphics (it looks amazing), to its atmosphere. Same goes for Luigi's Mansion 3DS. Great use of the 3D and it looks superb.

I'll be getting both the 3DS and Vita that's for sure. Both will offer different library of games that are relevant to my interests and the best part is that I'll get the best of both worlds. I haven't bought a 3DS yet because I feel it's not worth the $250 price Nintendo is asking for and frankly, there's no games I want for it. This holiday season however, I will take the plunge and buy one. Hopefully there's a bundle or a deal I can get.

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Didn't read the rest of your post. How did that back touchscreen feel? Was it natural to use?

7. sasaakoo

sasaakoo Well-Known Member

for me i choose NGP cuz it has many features 3DS has, i have a 3DS but after watching a handson of the NGP , i was shock cuz it has more potential than the 3DS.