1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS or NGP?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by BigGangstaKillaC93, Mar 29, 2011.

1. alexong96

alexong96 Well-Known Member

So, who says the function will carry on? We're not talking about the DS or the PSP. We're talking about the successors.

2. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

The psp is still functioning hence the RAM still running. So even on sleep mode the battery will go down.

3. slapmeorelse

slapmeorelse Well-Known Member

I concur. Lots of people told me the "PSP" is better, but I completely disagree. Sure, the NGP is sexy and all, but what about the games they offer? They had such a poor presentation, and most of the games on the PSP were just either spinoffs or ports of already-existing series, franchises, and the like.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

And most of the games on NDS weren't?

5. darkrequiem

darkrequiem Well-Known Member

Ignoring the obvious one sided fans, I will be a one sided fan and say that I'm only looking forward to getting myself a 3DS....After a few more games I'm interested in are released and the price is inevitably lowered.

6. slapmeorelse

I'd say for the DS, about half of them.

7. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

I read on a Japanese site that the NGP is supposed to be released holiday season in the U.S. Hopefully it doesn't get knocked back though. The normal model is 250-280$ and the 3g model is 320-350$. I'm definitely getting the 3g model though.

8. xicyacex

xicyacex Well-Known Member

3DS.
    3D OoT?
    Where's the " like " button?

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

More like all of them. Seriously, there are nearly no actual original titles on a system anymore. Companies play off their strengths. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. That's the motto at Nintendo, and you can tell through many games that although new, bring nothing really new to the table in terms of game play or design.

10. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

Of Course without a doubt, its all about the games :D

11. slapmeorelse

Yeah, it won't sell for crap unless it's a well-known series

12. klaimore

klaimore Well-Known Member

I don't like the 3DS, something of it doesn't appeal to me. Also, don't talk about how 3DS has more good games than the NGP, they're released over 1/2 yr apart!

13. BigGangstaKillaC93

BigGangstaKillaC93 Well-Known Member

People can only speculate with NGP games. It won't be released till at least November, not that I want to wait that long.

14. barajasluis3

barajasluis3 New Member

Currently the 3Ds hasn't used its full potential .
    -The browser is not out
    -Eshop isn't
    -Not enough nintendo titles

So its a big tease right now.

15. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

ill go for the 3DS even though i dont have one im planning to buy it later maybe in christmass, im waiting for tales of the abyss. Oot, mario kart, mario 3ds, for this year games

16. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Yeah the full potential is the browser...

17. SakuraMartinez

SakuraMartinez Well-Known Member

I'm not really a Sony or Nintendo "worshiper"-slash-"fan".
    I have both the Wii and the PS3 (also the 360) and the DSLite and the PSP Slim model. I like *both* of them and I enjoy the consoles that I have from *both* companies. I'm not entirely sure if I would be buying a 3DS, though...despite the fact that it would have tales of abyss. I think I would end up buying the NGP, though. I don't really have any good argument to give as to why I'm going with the NGP when it is released, other than saying that I don't really find the whole 3D concept of the 3DS *that* appealing (don't shoot me, okay? That's just me).
    XD

18. Shuga

Shuga Well-Known Member

*Shot* jkjk xD

19. JOHN2008

JOHN2008 Member

3DS for me.

20. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This may turn out to be false. It hasn't been confirmed by Sony, I'd wait for E3 for prices.

The prices you're pulling up there are from a survey, from Ubisoft.

I don't understand why people dismiss the 3DS because the 3D doesn't appeal to you. Not because of the 3D not appealing to you, no, but it isn't a game changer at all tbh. It's just a feature that's optional. I'm interested in the reasoning behind the people who want the NGP over the 3DS, especially now when very little games have been announced for the NGP. Not only that, the launch of the 3DS kinda leaves a sour taste in everyone's mouth (when in fact it's launch is nearly similar to almost every console/handheld at launch).