1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3ds games on n3ds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xkalx, Sep 18, 2016.

1. xkalx

xkalx New Member

hi all

I downloaded 3ds title to play on n3ds. extracted it and saved it on sd card -----> r43ds ----> n3ds. Game shows up but when tap on it nothing happens. Many other games (all 2ds titles) on the card work fine. Am I doing something wrong or is the file likely to be defective?

Please help.

xkalx.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

its entirely possible your r4 cannot play 3ds titles. only 2 or 3 flashcarts can. The 3ds in the name usually means it works on a 3ds (i.e can play nds roms on a 3ds), not that it's capable of playing 3ds games. Yes its misleading and its also probably intentional.

3. jestah57

jestah57 New Member

Is it allowed to ask which flashcarts those are?

4. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

if you mean the ones which can play 3ds titles then some of them are : gateway3ds,ace3ds,sky3ds,DsTwo plus etc

5. jestah57

jestah57 New Member

Awesome, I'm new back to the DS scene, and had no idea. Guess I'll go shopping. Is there a preferred card? Like which is best, easiest, whatever, to use?

6. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

with the recent release of soundhax/waithax/fasthax you wont need to buy a flashcard any more if you are ok with installing a9lh. with a9lh you could just install the games directly (though they will need to be in .cia format).

7. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

directly onto your microSD card.
    you should install a9lh follow this guide. And then with a custom firmware you are all set.

8. jestah57

jestah57 New Member

Thanks for the link! I'll check out the guide and see if it looks doable. I used to mod a lotta PSP's back in the day so I don't think it should be an issue. But just in case, may I PM if I have any questions or concerns?

9. Neon32

Neon32 Neo-Noir

i REALLY suggest that you do thing as mentioned in the guide .
    there is always a chance of bricking the 3ds.

this guide works on 3ds's with 11.2.0 and below.

all you need are the files mentiond in the guide a sdcard or something with which you can copy these files to the sdcard.

before that check if you card is MBR and not GPT .