1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3DS/2DS Backup a full 3DS cartridge to you're SD card ?

Discussion in 'Non-Emulation Help' started by Jhon 591, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Can you backup full 3DS Cartridges to SD card on 3DS/2DS as you're Game only as registered to your 3DS/2DS ,

Are just Save files only ?

And if so, How 2 Back it up ?
    Post Merge: [time]1389724879[/time]
    Found this

Save data can go on an SD card or the 3DS cartridge itself. It gives you an option when you go to save.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaming-discussion/nintendo-3ds-games-saved-to-sd-card-or-game-cartridge/t.87465267/

2. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

Downloaded Digital games save to SD

You see Zelda saving on your SD then , Nope it saves on the cardridge

And all games that i have as cardridge save on it , i only see additional content on sd that is downloaded by game.

3. Jhon 591

Re: 3DS/2DS Backup a full 3DS cartridge to you\'re SD card ?

So it keeps your save and remove of cart, and you have to download the same game vr eshop still, so then you can only use your save with downloaded game,

How shit !lol, You think Nintendo could have come up with a way to backup your cart game to SD card But only Registered to that 3DS/2DS it's used on in some encryption mood, so no one else can use it on there 3ds are 2ds.

That makes a lot more sense .

OK, many thanks for the info jimmsu.

Heard Gateway came up with this: - Back up your own game cartridges

That has to be good :)
    Post Merge: [time]1389726678[/time]
    Figured that eshop games are downloaded in encryption to the title / 00040002 folder .

4. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

No save is on cadridge , you have Zelda too , where is your save then ????

The download games are totaly differnt in files the a cardridge ,and yes when you buy and download ot will be encrypted to work only on the 3ds you download.

And the games you download from the eshop are smaller then the cardridge , no need for those FF at end.

All stuff from eshop is in the folder 00040000 / 00053f00 (maybe you know this game)

gateway can't backup games, maybe come one time .

5. Jhon 591

Not done any think yet jimmsu, WIFI at sister place, So was just asking first.

Yes getting kind of use to this stuff ;D , working out what these folders go.

At the end of the day it's like buying the game twice, no point really.

Did you not hear it for gateways next update jimmsu ?, about backup games yes is on it's list .

6. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

You better look for games you want , some cardridges are cheaper and other hand some downloads are cheaper.

Gateway did say that already from v1.1 and still not possibele , so we wait and see if it comes with next update from them .

the folder you look at 00040000 / 00053f00 is same as the maintitle id from a cardridge 0004000000053F00 = Super Mario 3D Land CTR-P-AREP
    Post Merge: [time]1389729669[/time]
    Transfertool is only when you have a 3ds and biy a 3dsxl , then you can transfer all settings and game from the 3ds to 3ds xl , all on the 3ds will be deleted.

7. Jhon 591

Very interesting :)

But can not see the full game bean at 12.3 MB .
    Post Merge: [time]1389730839[/time]
    So 0004000E00022800

Not listed

Is: http://mtheall.com/~mtheall/tmdlist.php

8. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

I found this

http://www.engadget.com/2013/03/26/nintendo-3ds-update-move-saves-from-retail-games-to-downloads/

when you have Retail cardridge and you buy download version then teh tol can transfer the save from the retail cardridge to the downloaded version.

And Retail cart Super Mario 3D Land CTR-P-AREP 521 mb , downloaded version 290mb.

And Retail games start from 0004000000030000 till 0004000000104D00 .

9. Jhon 591

OK thanks, It was just back up cart to 3DS SD card was intrested in, seams that this is imposable .

Sorry got a above game wrong was letter box ^^

Mario 3D lnd not in my 40000 folder , can't get download code either, as only 2ds and not 3ds with zelda.

10. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

When backup was possible then there where more games out , but now only scene know how to do it .

11. Jhon 591

I was not on about way scene do it, As seed if Nintendo brought out a tool that can only register the backup from its own Cart to SD card so can only be played on you're 3DS / 2DS only, are encrypt it same way a download from eshop would do, that would be cool.

12. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

No you need to buy both version from Nintendo , and then you can use their tool to transfer the save from cardridge to SD .

See here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0L9cJ2DGiX0

13. Jhon 591

I see Jimmsu , many thanks for your help on this issue and for youtube video also.

14. necr0

necr0 Well-Known Member

The Gateway team are going to add a function that will be able to dump ROMs to the SD.

15. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

They said that already in sept 2013 , but still not in the firmware .
    The gameplay of the card goes first , then other things.

16. Jhon 591

!lol If was possible ^^ you would have lots buying 64GB SDHC Cards and storing lots of own dump games, and sharing the dump Game/Files on line

I think in this case yes it would be Possible to share the dumps of any game from one micro SD to next SD on any 3DS are 2DS , If gateway group stuck to what they many have.

I think People don't mind sharing just the oldies 3ds Games, once we know where the 3DS games will get Dump to on SD card.

17. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

why many 64GB sdhc card , biggest game is 4GB

18. Jhon 591

Bigger better, but suppose 32GB nice size and good storage, not to say these days prices are wright for this size.

4GB game would take up the Card I have now, as what I got was a 4GB one with 2DS .

19. jimmsu

jimmsu Well-Known Member

Buying a 64gb micro sd for putting the roms on for the Multi rom , yep.

20. Jhon 591

If are when Gateway come-up with that dumping process , that is what many people will do dump Multi Games to their SD card, Weather sharing them Games works between 3DS system to system, Is to be found out soon as they do .