1. This forum is in read-only mode.

3D unhealty for young children, warns Nintendo

Discussion in 'General News' started by athemoe, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

It's an add-on effect, do you think anybody really cares about the 3d atm? no, the games? yes.

But i suppose there's no point reasoning with you guys...
    [​IMG]

2. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

yeah, because children playing video games is healthy to begin with...

useless article.

3. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Yeah video games are bad for children to begin with. My little brother who is 8 years old is violent because he plays A lot of Dragon Ball z games and other games such as COD or left 4 dead. And also Video games hurt eyes for little children. I am the only one in my whole family who had ever got glasses cuz I started playing video games in an early age like 2nd grade. Now my little bro might get em too....

4. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

if you have self control and youre a person who isnt influenced videogames are fine

5. wingz3ro

wingz3ro Active Member

I grew up with my SNES and I played plenty of games off the nintendo library. Donkey Kong, Super Mario, and even Killer Instinct to name a few. The games you mention, however, are for a more mature audience. (AHEM M rating). So, I think it all depends on the type of game they play and many external factors as well; of course, gaming isn't the only influencing factor.

6. Xalfrea

Xalfrea Well-Known Member

Any parent who lets their 8 year old play Call of Duty or GTA sucks at their job. Just...WHY?!?

7. unqiueninja

unqiueninja Well-Known Member

I know this is off-topic but I have just think of this funny thought and wanted to share it ;D

You know "3D glasses A.k.a. normal glasses" has been invented way before the real 3D glasses ;D
    The normal spectacles let us see things in 3D when we wear them and it is the same with the 3D glasses.

8. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

Well not if your little 8 year old brother sneaks into your room while your at college.

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I'd figure if my kid was mature enough to know what is reality and not, or what's acceptable and not, I don't see the issue, honestly. Although I probably won't let them listen to people online.

10. wingz3ro

wingz3ro Active Member

I wonder if any parents use parental controls on these consoles.

Interesting point. Even if they are well behaved, it may net different results. Definitely no internet interaction.

11. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

I said matured, not well behaved.

Well behaved would probably net them a game, maturity will be based on what game they get. Parents now feel the need to gives their kids presents based on whining or not spending as much time with them, not based on deserving such present, which is the initial problem.

12. wingz3ro

wingz3ro Active Member

For some reason I overlooked mature. The part where you said "reality or not" stood out to me more. You are definitely right about the mature part.

When you mentioned parents giving their kids games based on whining, it sounds almost like spoiled children. I'm sure I wanted plenty of games back in the day with the SNES, but my parents won't give me anything. I'm glad they didn't. I hope these parents do try to spend time with their children rather than spoiling them.

13. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

Once you give into them once your on a one way road

14. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

the kids are on the road to being an asshole

15. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

TRUE

16. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

To be fair there are a lot more spoiled children out there, more than most parents are willing to admit. Generally parents in the present day, both of them are working so they have to schedule their work hours around the kid, not the other way around (which it should be). So instead of spending time with the kids, they throw money and presents at the problem to keep them busy.

There are the occasional parents that just act plain old mean, I literally heard a mother yell at her kid in the store today because he was crying that he missed his dad (he kept crying 'daddy etc'), the mom kept telling him to shut up and that he was the reason why she smokes. That's nice, that's probably why he misses daddy. On a lighter note, I've known kids when I was in elementary, and their parents wouldn't let them watch PG13/14 movies, even as tame as they were back then.

There are the parents that do their hardest to do their kids right by not spoiling them and giving them things they don't deserve, but I'd imagine that goes almost straight out the window once the kid goes to school and finds out that 'X' kid got 'y' thing from his parents for no reason.

That being said, I'm trying to bring up my kids through happy moments without material objects and I'd imagine when they grow older and start to want things that are out of their age limit, I'd base it off if they deserve it and off of how mature I feel they are and if they can handle the material.

17. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Too many X-factors and variables to schedule a work schedule around a child.
    And age does not dictate maturity, acceptance of responsibility does. There are a lot of spoiled adults you know too. Just cut on your telly, God I said telly::)

TELEVISION.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.