1. This forum is in read-only mode.

2012 The end of the world?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by casper1910, Feb 12, 2009.

1. gaynorvader

gaynorvader Well-Known Member

No, they are caused by seismic activity under the sea.

2. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Aside from that Global Warming is a fraud.

3. Yonkid

Yonkid New Member

I don't think that the world will end is 2012. That Bug 2000 thing was because the computers didn't know how to go over 99 in a 2-digit scale. So I don't really believe that Mayan Calender thingy.

4. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

just how many conspiracy theorys do you have?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

It is true, but it's leading up to a new Ice Age. :)

6. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

It's actually truth, it was proven that Al Gore was lying about it.

Google it. I'm too lazy to post a scource.

7. msg2009

msg2009 Romulations sexiest member

i do actually believe it was all just a lie, the world has warm periods and ice ages etc we just happen to be here in a warming period
    what im saying is, you never make a normal post, everything is conspiracy this or that

8. tyson_rss

tyson_rss Guest

Well im in the debates section, which all kinds of answers can flow in.

9. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Where do you get that? Read the rules and post a rule that supports your answer.

10. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

if this were to happen why don't we make a giant baseball bat and see if we get lucky and score a home run if it's a meteor

anyways back on topic this isn't going to happen do scientist or anyone for that matter have some kind of proof that this will happen besides word of mouth

11. scottg1990

scottg1990 Well-Known Member

End of the world in 2010? pfft. What a load of crap ::)

12. DECADE5

DECADE5 Well-Known Member

Ain't that right? It can't happen then! I won't finnish Colllege till 2013!!!

13. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

And from the plates shifting under the water; an earthquake under water.

14. ChristMonkey95

ChristMonkey95 Well-Known Member

The end of the world has been predicted more times than can be counted. It didn't end any of those times, and its not going to end now. This 2012 crap has been getting more out of hand every day.

And why the hell does everyone hate on Al Gore? Don't hate him, hate hippies. Those dirty, dirty hippies.

15. footy

footy Active Member

I do not believe 2012 is the end of the world. Mainly because an author of a book said the world would end in 1994. Did it? No. They also predicted the end of the world in 2006. Yet again, did it? NO! They are predicting the end of the world almost every six years. And even if we were certain it would end, how come England are making a World Cup 2018 bid? I have heard the world will "end" in 2054 due to a super volcano the topic creator mentioned.

Just one test for you: Type in any year in the future and then type e [On google] In the suggested results almost always it says:"???? end of the world" Try it yourself.

This may be irrelevant but they say 2010 is the year of the great "alien invasion" I'm gonna welcome the aliens like an old friend and offer them coffee. They may shoot me with a ray gun but just saying.

16. faustolg

faustolg New Member

"It's pretty interesting, there is supposed to be a storm on the sun that will produce a massive heat wave that could possibly kill life on earth. It's apparently overdue to happen and NASA believe that 2012 is when it will happen, if not sooner 2010,2011."
    Bullshit! NASA said what?? when?? who said that crap?

"2012 completes 74,000 year cycle of super volcano. December 2004 Tsunami epicenter points towards a possible site for the super volcano. According to some geologists, the next one is due around 2012 based on that 74,000-year cycle. Many are pointing towards Yellow Stone National Park in America where Earth's crust is wafer thin in geological scale."
    Cycle of super crap you mean, "According to some geologists" sound to me like some christians said.

"The Mayan calendar ends in December 21, 2012 as they believed this was the year of the apocalypse. No one knows for sure why this calendar ends on this date."
    "No one knows for sure why this calendar ends on this date." you don't read too much do you?
    The calendar is cyclical so is not the end. And there's no such things as "Mayan Prophesies", that is a forge based on the bible and not in any of the "codices". none of the real "codices" says anything like "end of the world".

"The year 2012 is specially mentioned in many ancient civilizations as something to be scared about. Many believe that will the year when human civilizations will be threatened. It is the year some say when the whole human civilization will change forever."
    New Age inventions.

Resuming:
    1- Mayans didn't believed in Apocalypse.
    2- Their calender is cyclical as ours, so is not the end.
    3- Mayan prophesies aren't real, are forgery.
    4- "and NASA believe that 2012 is when it will happen" WHAT?!?!?!?!?! WHO SAID THAT?!?!?!?!
    5- All the "human change" is New Age crap.

17. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

WoW, The Mayans predicted new age technology!

18. Croassassin

Croassassin Well-Known Member

haha didnt they say that the will end in 2000 and 2003..Or was that just me, besides this whole apocalypse thing is great for Media anybody wonder that might be the reason? (correct me if im wrong)

19. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I'm seeing that the years you all stated are the years the new versions of windows are out...

maybe Bill Gates is behind it

20. mr. awesome

mr. awesome Well-Known Member

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

NASA never said that.