1. This forum is in read-only mode.

2012 The end of the world?

Discussion in 'Debates' started by casper1910, Feb 12, 2009.

1. casper1910

casper1910 Well-Known Member

There are many theories that 2012 will be the end of the world.

It's pretty interesting, there is supposed to be a storm on the sun that will produce a massive heat wave that could possibly kill life on earth. It's apparently overdue to happen and NASA believe that 2012 is when it will happen, if not sooner 2010,2011.

2012 completes 74,000 year cycle of super volcano. December 2004 Tsunami epicenter points towards a possible site for the super volcano. According to some geologists, the next one is due around 2012 based on that 74,000-year cycle. Many are pointing towards Yellow Stone National Park in America where Earth’s crust is wafer thin in geological scale.

The Mayan callender ends in December 21, 2012 as they believed this was the year of the apocalypse. No one knows for sure why this callendar ends on this date.

The year 2012 is specially mentioned in many ancient civilizations as something to be scared about. Many believe that will the year when human civilizations will be threatened. It is the year some say when the whole human civilization will change forever.

There are many other theories, google it and read up about it and tell me what you think.

2. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

Nope, I dont believe on the end of the world theories.

Maybe there would lots of casualties and damage to properties and stuff, but not end of the world. Its only theories and still need further studies and experiments.

If Nuclear War is started, then thats the end of the world. look at tsunamis and volcano eruptions, they only target specific areas, a super volcano might cover a larger area but will not be world wide.

3. gryphon256

gryphon256 New Member

I think you'll find that there will be 'a storm on the sun that will produce a massive heat wave that could possibly kill life on earth' will occur in 2042. Read all about it here

4. morphius

morphius Member

http://www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org

5. casper1910

By the way i'm not saying this is going to happen. I'm only quoting from what I have read about this subject, and seeking peoples opinion on this.

I myself beleive human kind have the ability to adapt to change very well, and whatever happens i'm sure we will always be able to adapt. As the world changes so do we.

Though I do realise there are some things in which we could never survive.

The above website is fairly interesting too.

6. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

end of the world theory is created by people who have nothing better to do then try to create chaos and fear since end of the world is unavoidable, hey who knows, end of the world might be tomorrow where an astroid with the size of the moon crush into earth at a really really high speed.

i dont belive in the end of the world thoery nor do i fear the end of the world...... the world will end when its time, nobody can stop it, not even god can stop it, so there is no point to fear about it, to think about it or to worry about it.

7. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

No. I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

8. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Well, every calendar has end sometime right?

9. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

IF, the world would end by 2012, i just hope that the economic crisis will be over and every problem on earth is gone, like poverty and hunger. at least IF it ends, people will die with happy memories.

10. ultra

ultra Guest

http://www.survive2012.com/

we can also say y2k was suppose to cause an apocalypse [or at least havoc] but it never did. i turned on my 486dx2 66mhz packard bell computer with windows 3.11 and no bugs at all after 12pm midnight.

this is more likely of peoples imagination getting the best of them. we can only wait and see what will happen in 2012, december 21.

11. n0thealthy

n0thealthy Well-Known Member

Wait, weren't we all supposed to day at midnight on Januray 31st 1999? Oh and what about a few months ago when the Large Hadron Collider was switched on?

12. Girogex

Girogex Guest

there was a power cut and it shut down. Now somethings wrong with it and the scientists are to lazy sought it out.

I know how the world will end ! Two demons will come out of the LHC and kill us all, bitch !

13. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

off-topic:
    never really understood that word.

on-topic:
    If the world is gonna end, I wonder how will it end?.

14. [Game|Freak]

[Game|Freak] Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as "the end of the world". It's all theories and not all theories are real because some such as the end of the world is just myths and they are there to keep people in line that's all. Many things are just made up and spread and people start to believe it and they panic and do a lot of crazy things then many other people just jump into it claiming it's real and all. However predictions of volcanoes and other natural disaster can be predicted but can't end the world because the world is to big. Also about the sun if it can kill us it already should had even without special beams and all that the sun is a natural thing so there is no such thing as it's going to kill everyone. If the sun was to die out then that is a more reliable reason as to life ending but only for awhile. ^^,

15. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

it is entirely possible that something could have a very large impact on life on the earth.

yellow stone park they can't of pin pointed a date for it to blow as it is already hundreds of thousands of years overdue if you look at the history of it blowing. and yes a super volcano can have the potential to kill almost all life on earth, its not the explosion that does it, its the ash pluming out in to the atmosphere as it can cover the entire earth blocking out all light for a long time thus threatening life the world over not only that but there is a large area around a super volcano that will not survive, again not from the explosion but the ash again as it goes up in to the clouds it mixes and comes back down like breathable hot cement i don't need to explain what will happen to your lungs.

but i think before any of that the world will go in to an ice age again as is the cycle of the earth but its not the ice age that will kill the most people it will be that the areas of the earth that will not be effected by the ice age are all 3rd word country's and if it hasn't happened already that's when world war 3 will break out as the worlds surviving population tries to fit in to places that have been shit on them.

16. casper1910

Yes you are right there. A super volcano can cause what is called a "volcanic winter" and yes it would bring about the Ice Age.

Also IF the sun did storm like these scientists say, we could also be under threat have no doubt about that. The storm on the sun will cause massive waves of solar radiation to hit the earth. Now the earths magnetic feild around it prevents excess solar radiation to reach the earth. But the amount of solar radiation pounding this magnetic feild from the sun storm would ultimately deplete it, allowing the solar radiation to directly scortch the earth and all life on it. This would also cause electro magnetic stroms on a massive scale.

Yeah that was rediculus, the theory that we would lose controll of our machines and computers due to a bug.

17. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My parent's VCR was hit by the millennium bug, it still doesn't know what year it is.

18. ultra

ultra Guest

can you make a video and youtube it or do you have a video of the effects. i would like to see what was the big deal and problem of the y2k bug.

19. casper1910

Ummm there is no such thing as the y2k bug it never happened. I'm pretty sure he was joking..

20. dmac154

dmac154 Well-Known Member

Nostradamus is wrong, there is no proof that the Mayans really ended the calender at that 2012 for 2 reasons: 1) their civilization was destroyed by famine, disease, warfare and population shifts, hence 'stopping' the calender. 2) They however did keep accurate accounts of the calender, but we as modern humans, have not fully or accurately been able to 'date' their calenders, hence we may be a couple years/months/days off the supposed Apocalypse date.

Another thing is, how would humans be able to give a date to the Apocalypse, if we have never experienced it a previous time, then how can we predict it behavior and when it will occur? Just food for thought