1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1GB ram + 1GB ram + 512 MB PC question .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jhon 591, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

They didn't reformat for me as I didn't bring along the laptop when I made the purchase, only brought the chips to match the shape/size/pin numbers/etc. Was a 32 bit Win XP laptop - German bought, I up-ed it to 2x 1 GB from 2x 512 MB chip. I really haven't any idea back then if what they said hold any truth, I'm blank when it comes to these technical stuff, but I didn't went back to them to do that since the store was over 80 Km and I am a lazy bump when it comes to traveling in an overcrowded commuter train.

But yes what you said is true (noobs like me must be wary and cautious at all time), as I had almost been ripped off by Acer Service Center (official) around 2 years ago, took 2 Acer laptops (1 of which is this one I'm using now) because the keyboards was problematic. Told me because of the serial number and place of purchase, 1 had to be sent to Hong Kong, the other to Sydney for component replacement, and each will cost at least USD200-400 and 4 months! I didn't believe (+/- total USD 800 would be better I buy new laptop), and a few blocks from there I found a 1 man run - private service center, it cost me just USD20 a piece for original/genuine firsthand keyboard replacement.

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

My point is they told you that hoping you'd believe them and bring the laptop in for them to do it, and then charge you.

I had an issue with acer too, they tried to tell me changing the OS had voided the hardware warranty, I told them that was bullshit and threatened them with fit for purpose legislation because the fact my < 1 year old laptop needed a new disk was the result of a design flaw (the hard disk got too hot). They replaced the disk and sent the laptop back as requested :D

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

"Thanks guy's both ^ , Well I try both yes installed K-lite , same issue ."

I hence that the K-lite did not fix the problem .

It maybe just the GOM program, It only app crashes with using the DVD drive, loading a avi/mp4/mkv est file works fine .

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

yeah try a different player like vlc or mpc.

5. Blazemax

Blazemax Well-Known Member

mpc needs codec to play stuff. usually comes with CCCP. If you want to watch stuff on your computer, just get a massive codec like cccp or vlc and more. they work and rarely have issues.

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I suppose so, But i could try and Rip the Older version of GOM of her laptop and give this a try .

7. jackass@lala

jackass@lala Well-Known Member

try the kmp player that is very good