1. This forum is in read-only mode.

19% - Back to the Kitchen, Ladies

Discussion in 'General News' started by johncarl, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johncarl

johncarl Well-Known Member

Re: johncarl's daily news. ( updated )*

i HAD exam...forgive meh. please :D

2. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Re: johncarl's daily news. ( updated )*

You're forgiven :)
    Just wondering about the news though, I forgot you have exam.

3. johncarl

gak! i forgot!

4. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought jc has forgotten this thread.
    In the end, I think no Women will back to the Traditional ways.

5. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

and people are wondering why thier kids dont behave themself this day or thier husband keep cheating on them......

6. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

This is the most confusing topic ever. JohnCarl, please keep a history of what you're posting in the first post because it took me a while to realize what you're doing here.

I like to think that either parent (mother or father) should take control of the more traditional role of the mom. That role shouldn't be erased, it should be made to include both genders. I don't really like the idea that both mom and dad (if both parents are there) are both gone to work for most of the day, this creates a distant, or somewhat distant relationship between the kids and the parents. When kids are toddlers, they need or want their parents, and the parents should want to be with them so they can spend time with them and teach them etiquette, morals and common sense (which isn't common anymore). I think it's ideal that one parent be working, while the other spends time with the kid at a young age before they head off to grade 1.

I enjoy my job as a stay at home mom. :\

7. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I really think that this should be taken with a pinch of salt. In many western countries people (usually men, but doesnt have to be) are demonised for suggesting that women should return to the kitchen, because what was originally about equal rights for women is now about female supremacy in a lot of cases (but still under the guise of equal rights). Because of this, some of the responses to the survey may not have been completely honest.

8. johncarl

I made a history..Ive forgotten some but its okay.....right?

On topic:
    Whats wrong with women going back to Kitchen..?
    (like the traditional way.)

9. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Awesome.

It's wrong (only women doing it) is because it creates a negative stereotype that women can't work outside of the kitchen. Please refer to when woman didn't have much rights (like voting, working etc).

Also Loony is correct, what was woman's rights have turned into supremacy, there's not much to fight for as far as woman's rights go.

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

well if not for "woman are equal to men" stuff, babysitter and nanny wont become an industry now.....

but then its kindda sad when a kid is seem closer to thier babysitter or nanny more then their own mother.

11. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

hahaha, its different here is some places, the women are the workers while the men are in the house taking care of the children.

and why should women go back to the kitchen, many high-class restaurants has male chefs instead of women chefs. so, we should say, back to the kitchen, men.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.