1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1 TB hard drive

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ultra, Apr 18, 2007.

1. gnadia

gnadia Member

It cost roughly $3000 give or take a couple hundred
    64 bit is incredible, actually. It''s noticeably faster than 32 bit and can run IE8 64bit, which is the fastest browser
    Xeon is a type of Intel processor generally used for servers
    Windows 7 doesn't really have anything on vista ultimate. The main difference is the amount of CPU power and graphics power it takes, which is less in 7, but thats not a problem for me
    And I also like CD's. They just don't die... except for the ones that I've had since I ws 6... Those a quite dead.

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I knew it!!! another fan of CD's!!!!!!!

3. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

When i was 6, i had the lamest cd's ever! They died... Like my Sims 2 Deluxe... AND IT HAD NIGHTLIFE!!! Now my expantion pack's collector's edition (So i call it XD) Is not complete... Even the accecoires are not complete anymore because of glamour stuff i don't have anymore....
    Post Merge: [time]1256371801[/time]
    Fun eh?

4. gnadia

gnadia Member

Still, I keep all my best games like Emulators and stuff on a flash drive... which I just lost.... Fail....
    But nowadays, all my other games I buys are on DVD... so much better that way...

5. karlsanada10

karlsanada10 Well-Known Member

I have an external 1TB... Something's bugging me.

640GB has higher price than 1TB(WD)... I forgot the brand of th 640GB, though.

6. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

yup, its because of different reasons. like the brand and maybe the speed, cache, reviews...

here, i personally take loonylion's review on the gadgets before buying... i dont know why but all things he said that are good and and i actually bought are very durable and well, acting properly.

7. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... i wonder how much a computer is if it had 256 gigs of ram?

8. xmasterchefx

xmasterchefx Well-Known Member

In theory, you can do that, but I don't see why you would want to. I always thought the max of 20 GB of RAM was all I needed.

I once ran 4 multiplayer matches of Crysis on the highest settings possible to see if it would run smoothly. I was AFK on 4 matches and I could still play some Gears of War PC without lag.

9. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

This PC (From my grandfather) has a virus... There's coming a white part from under V to above ^

10. karlsanada10

karlsanada10 Well-Known Member

Tip:

Don't use your external hard drive when your PC has a problem like it's restarting on its own... because if you're using the EHD(external hard drive) then suddenly your PC is restart, it might corrupt all the files inside your EHD

I had an experience about this but I'm using my 4GB, all of the files were corrupted.

11. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Billions, it would be a supercomputer.

12. redoperator

...not really, i've been looking at macs and its about 1000-1500 dollars, great gaming rig if i can wipe the drive and put win7 on it ^.^

13. Loonylion

its not upgradable and the graphics chip is generally pretty shit in a mac.

14. gnadia

gnadia Member

yeah...
    Mac's are not built to games...even with a windows operating system...
    You're better off going custom.

15. i built my rig about 6 months ago and it contains an AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHz,8 GB DDR2 ram,2x9800gt and 1.5 terabytes hard drive space and all of that just for a 1000 bucks(not including the monitor),my hard drive has never reached 100 gigs let alone a 1000 lol and im pretty sure that this system can handle any game at high details in the next 5 years so id say 1000 bucks is not very much compared
    to what u get.

16. Loonylion

Speaking from experience, you'll be lucky if its still playing the newest games maxed in 18 months.

17. redoperator

... play retro games... thats my plan, play every commercial game given a 75/100 or higher

18. gnadia

gnadia Member

Actually, even with the advanced rate of gaming intensity, very little can be improved over things like COD 5 and Crysis really until COD 6 and Crysis 2... and those aren't even going to be major jumps...

19. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Why do you want that much space and why would you want to run COD4, COD5 and Crysis simulatously.. It's not like you can control your characters on each one unless you were a bot.

Not flaming or anything, just curious. I don't know any programs that can utilize 16gb of Ram.

20. Loonylion

Multiple virtual machines at the same time.