1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1 TB hard drive

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ultra, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

LG and Sony don't make hard disks.

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Sony makes, in holland they have hard disks from Sony wich hold some more than 1 TB

3. Loonylion

they arent Sony. If anything they're made by another company and Sony just sticks their badge on them. Whether the disk is any good or not depends on who actually made it (the OEM).

4. yoshi2889

but they ARE from Sony, you can see it somewhere...
    Post Merge: [time]1254570505[/time]
    oh, and if you can pull the label off the product, they are fake, but i probably done that, but it was not going off. and it was from steel.

5. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

hehehe, you're right! sorry about that. i was looking at monitors. but i'm positive about samsung. its cheaper than seagate when i checked at the prices or hard drive

6. Loonylion

Sony does not make hard disks. For that matter Apple don't make iphones. They are made by a different company (called an OEM) and the company that you believe made it merely puts their name on it. The iphone OEM is Foxconn.

yes, they are cheaper than Seagate.

7. yoshi2889

i have a AlienWare PC, thats from DELL... very good at games, but it WAS good at games, that thing is more then 15 years old! :p

8. Loonylion

alienware were only recently aquired by dell.

9. yoshi2889

oh, by the way, im using a verrrrrry old ver. my dad want to buy one too, but now i must swap.... (lovely PC (sometimes it is damn PC too, likely with the sims 2 freetime it crashes all time, cant build a house in 2 hours or it crashes))

10. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

from my business study back then, i been told that its a common practise for large business to buy product from smaller business and put thier brand on that product.

11. AbstractChaos666

AbstractChaos666 Well-Known Member

I'm glad mine hasn't done that >_<

12. yoshi2889

the one we have holds only some films we never watch XD, and 1 game: the sims 2 but it does not :'( i want to have that thing because the laptop i get does not have above the 100GB... and i really need 100GB...

13. Loonylion

It was first detected shortly after they released their 1.5TB hard disks, and has been known to affect 1TB and 750GB disks too, and I assume also the 2TB though I havent been watching the situation. I believe anything below 500GB is safe, and also anything produced prior to the firmware introduced with the 1.5TB drives.

14. yoshi2889

is 500GB safe too? (i have)

15. Loonylion

probably. If you got it before Seagate released their 1.5TB drives, then yes.

16. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

what is the best harddrives for the price: external? sata?

17. Loonylion

its not about price, its about reliability. Samsung and Hitachi are the most reliable at this time. WD are pretty good. As it happens, Samsung 1TB drives are the cheapest 1TBs (internal).

18. redoperator

redoperator Well-Known Member

... ok, what has the best reliability for its price?

19. yoshi2889

i dont know... when was it released?

20. AbstractChaos666

AbstractChaos666 Well-Known Member

Okay cool; mine is only 320 GB.