1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1 TB hard drive

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ultra, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mysticaloctopus

mysticaloctopus Well-Known Member

750 and 160 internal, no external. The 160 is old and fails to boot sometimes, so I only plan on using it when I finally fill the 750.

2. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

it's very probable wikipedia is wrong... it's a free encyclopedia, i once added my name as a greatly important pharaoh of egipt...

3. desaze

desaze Well-Known Member

Wikipedia... truth determined by opinion.

Yeah, wiki is interesting to read on non-important info... like anime/video-game characters... but use it for any purpose besides for fun and your pushing your luck.

I've seen terrible things being reported as "fact" in that stupid site.

4. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Try to beat my 120 gigabyte pc. It's kickass.

5. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Lots of people now have more than 120 GB. It's easier to afford nowadays.

6. bluetooth

bluetooth Member

Great review.

I have just over 1tb of storage in my desktop all internal. ide 3.5 HDD's x7

So if i had 7 of these babys, now that would be sweet. ;D

:)

7. Crashtehelf

Crashtehelf Well-Known Member

PFFT. My 5megs of flash, shared memory kills all competition.

8. Born2killx

Oh yeah? My 1.44 MB floppy grinds your flash memory to PASTE. Solid state PASTE.

9. ultra

ultra Guest

it's not the fact that it's free but the fact that anyone can add and edit and etc.. and you don't have to have any merit, just sources. those sources can be manipulated, mislead and whatever and the information that is placed in wiki is wrong. in addition, it's coming from people who may or may not have merit. those information maybe coming from a person who really likes something and all they will do is talk about the good thing and bash things that maybe relevent.

10. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Well take my USB drive. It has a wopping 32MBs. Don't worry I've already won.

At Born2Kill : I'm poor. :( I mean, I'm still running an Athlon 32.

11. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

that's the meaning of the free i mentioned...

12. ultra

ultra Guest

they're getting cheaper. you can get an external western digital my essential 1tb hard drive for 207 with shipping included. you can get it at clubit but it's on back order due to the high demand for it. at 207, it's about 20 cents a gig.

13. conjy

conjy Well-Known Member

Crazy, i'm going to get 1 TB. *drools*

14. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Meh I already have 8 hard disks in one machine, thats probably enough.

15. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

OMFG!!... how much does each hard drive have??...

16. Loonylion

2x 120, 2x 73, 1x 300, 3x 500. The 120s are in a mirrored array so effectively only one is usable. Total capacity is over 2TB

17. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

jesus... christ... NOW i DO need a new pc...

18. ultra

ultra Guest

isn't that bad?? if suppose each drive uses 15 watts and you have 8 drives that total 2tb, that would use 120 watts as suppose to having two 1tb drive that uses only 30 watts. that is a 90watt savings. i don't know if that is much but at least it's a saving.

19. Loonylion

maybe it isnt as good from the energy efficiency point of view, but it is much better for performance to have multiple drives.

20. Born2killx

I read about these things called Solid-State Drives; they use less power than a conventional hard disk drive.