1. This forum is in read-only mode.

1 TB hard drive

Discussion in 'Computers & Modding' started by ultra, Apr 18, 2007.

1. snebbers

snebbers Well-Known Member

Hmm So you could Run Mac, and Windows with demanding programs like adobe Director on the Mac and then some sort of game that you can play everynow and then on the windows? I think that's pretty cool...

We've started using Virtual Machines in College while we do some work on Adobe Director but because all the Macs are fitted with 1gb of Ram, they are incredibly slow when you're also running Virtual Box... >_<

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Not exactly, virtual machines are rarely capable of running games (the virtual hardware is very limited). But I can emulate an entire network of servers for software testing, or I can test software on different versions of windows, or different windows installs with different browsers for web development.

3. wilhelm820

wilhelm820 Member

I've had no problems with 1TB
    Plus I download HD videos which run about 1-5 gigs each that space fills up quickly.

I recommend dodging any hard-drive bigger than 1TB. like 1.5 and such, I've heard nothing but problems...

Also, man who said Pervert 1TB Device, memory is like women. You can never have to much :D

4. Loonylion

I only heard of problems with seagate 1.5TB drives, and patton says they've now fixed them. the problem itself wasnt limited to 1.5TB drives, but all drives manufactured with a certain firmware.

5. garychencool

garychencool Well-Known Member

There is a reason why Romulation only allows .RAR Archive/compressed files!

6. Loonylion

thats well out of date, I have far more disk space than that now, and I dont use seagate anymore.

7. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Yeah, to keep DISK SPACE. Please check the date XD 2007...
    Post Merge: [time]1261596360[/time]
    New hard drives? Now that I think about it, I need new ones too XD