1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zhu Zhu Pets - Black screen...?!

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Jensen01, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Jensen01

Jensen01 New Member

I can't get this game to work - tried it on Edge and R4 - just getting a black screen...!! any ideas...?? maybe anyone with an solution...???

2. totallydood

totallydood Guest

theres AP in this game too? wow... try using YS Menu

3. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

My suggestion is to buy an acekard as it works with that. Annoying as my daughter has an R4 SDHC and as an 8 year old she is who the game is aimed at.

4. bkerr01

bkerr01 Active Member

Try the Wood R4-V105 firmware update for R4 on GBAtemp game will work my daughter is playing it now on R4

5. Jensen01

Jensen01 New Member

Thanks for your answers - tried it all - except the acekard - and nothing worked :eek:( But thanks for trying. My daughter just have to live without it...

6. bkerr01

bkerr01 Active Member

Jenson01 if your R4 is an original and not a clone the wood firmware works on this game 100%.

My daughter has already played the game using this firmware.

Regards
    Bill

7. Jensen01

Jensen01 New Member

It's a original R4 - maybe I've done something wrong...? I'll try it again.

8. baluachrach

baluachrach New Member

Hi i have a R4SDHC and have tried this game with the Wood version for clone cards and it starts to load but keep getting the error that the profile is corrupt and has been deleted. Anyone got any ideas?

9. bkerr01

bkerr01 Active Member

If your R4 is an original why are you using the version for clones???? have you deleted old firmware and then put on R4 wood-V105 there are two files.

When extracted left click file you see root R4 left click it you get RPG file and DS menue file put both on micro sd.

Before doing this i wood backup all games and reformat micro sd to fat 32 start with a clean slate
    Post Merge: [time]1271578031[/time]
    Ok should of read your post better you do need wood for clone your R4 is not original .

Go through process on above post only reformat card first then proceed hope this works if not

go to shop temp and buy R4 that wood works on i think they r $6.00 cheap

10. jcramos

jcramos New Member

I have an Acekard 2i card and it does not work, Black screen

11. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

It works fine on my Acekard with AKAIO RC 2

12. jcramos

jcramos New Member

What is AKAIO RC 2?
    Post Merge: [time]1271725022[/time]
    Got it, works now. Thanks

13. Jensen01

Jensen01 New Member

Still doesn't work for me on my R4 - I tryed with YSmenu and Wood R4-V105 firmware - does anyone have a manual for "dummies" how to work with YSmenu or Wood R4-V105 firmware - I must be doing something wrong since I can't get it to work.

14. jcramos

jcramos New Member

OK, I switched to the AKAIO 1.6 RC 2 (from AK2 1.21) and all my saves are not working, I see the .sav file? Whats up with that?

15. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

Try renaming the save file to .nds.sav

or go to the system menu, go over to saves and switch .sav to .nds.sav

16. Kaptan

Kaptan Well-Known Member

You need to make sure that all .sav files are in lower case as this version of AKAIO won't recognise .SAV files.

17. jcramos

jcramos New Member

There was an option in the menu to point to "nds.sav" everything works now.

Thanks sylar1000 and Kaptan

18. alic500

alic500 New Member

Thanks for the tip for the wood file. I have an old R4 card that I didn't think I could get updates for anymore so was thinking of getting a new card but this R4 wood file works fab! Thank you, Zhu Zhu pets now works for my daughter.

19. zelkan

zelkan New Member

Hi,

i found this work around no need to mess with firmwares etc.

i still had a DS lite and an edge card. i put the game on the edge card, booted the game then closed it.

it auto created a save file, so i then copied this save file from the edge mini sd, to the iEdge mini sd, and the corruption error no longer appeared on my daughter DSi

i hope this helps people who are having issues, this trick has worked ona number of games that show the corrupted save errors.

thanks

Zelkan 8)