1. This forum is in read-only mode.

zelda spirit tracks

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by nish_bish, Mar 26, 2009.

1. nish_bish

nish_bish Member

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Nintendo have announced their new Zelda title on ds, zelda spirit tracks http://www.gametrailers.com/player/47155.html
    what do you think of it so far,

It looks like trains are used to get around and from the trailer we can see at some point you can control a guard, but otherwise we have know idea what it will be like. Will it be set in the wind waker universe? is it a sequel to phantom hourglass? we'll have to wait and see.

Tell me your thoughts so far!
    [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

2. Bob_Kill123

Bob_Kill123 Well-Known Member

i must say that the idea of a train in zelda is probably one of my least favorite ideas ever
    it goes agains all that windwaker built; i mean all the freedom of controling your own boat where ever and when ever you pleased was so much fun
    but a train is not only future tecnoligy but it is also confined to a track

but zelda has never let me down befor so i will trust them and spend all the time and effort required to download it for free

PS still waiting for a new wii title

3. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

4. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

Perhaps you'll get to draw the train-tracks, like the boat paths in Phantom Hourglass? Hopefully the train isn't just going to be a land-boat...

Controlling Phantoms is sweet - it'd be awesome if they're still Immune To Everything, like the enemy ones in PH...

Finally, sweet multiplayer. If Spirit Tracks doesn't finally add a Four Swords mode, I will not be happy.

5. hahahahaha

hahahahaha Well-Known Member

Could be worse, the train could look futuristic. I think its neat, and I agree, NO MORE ISLANDS.

6. 00Davo

00Davo Well-Known Member

Phantom Hourglass was definitely "levelled" off, although Wind Waker's ocean wasn't too bad. An actual overworld would be far preferable, however.

Also, train-costume Link is awesome. :D

7. aussiedragon975

aussiedragon975 Active Member

anyone have an idea of how long after release there will be a dump to download?

8. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

What a redundant question.

9. roxas_z

roxas_z Active Member

i cant wait for this game ..
    iam a big fan of LEGAND OF ZELDA
    you can say that i played every game on this serous exapt the oLd nes games ...
    and way cant wait for this game ..

10. failtorespond

failtorespond Well-Known Member

You should play the old ones while you wait :D!!

11. hurl3y1nt

hurl3y1nt Member

I'm the total opposite, I've only played the the ones on the NES and SNES zelda games, haven't played the rest. Only becomes a born-again zelda fan when I got a DS and played phantom hourglass. there has been a massive change from when I played the old zelda games to now, particularly the difficulty of the game. playing PH was challenging in terms of the puzzles (great creativity by the developers) but the game was not that difficult at all. the enemies and bosses weren't that hard in comparison to the original zelda games i played when i was young. not enough enemies and the enemies u do face weren't difficult. i think i died only once and that was when i was on the ocean and got too lazy with enemies. and like everyone here, i do miss the overworld with the endless exploring and getting lost in the epic landscape. guess thats what was annoying, getting from one island to another. the enemies on the water was just boring and repetitive, the treasure chest likewise.

it seemed the developers made this game to the more casual gamers rather than the hardcore fans. i'm no hardcore fan but i do like a challenge and phantom hourglass wasn't a challenge which was disappointing. i think the train bit will be the same as the boat which is disappointing cos i prefer to roam around