1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zelda Spirit Tracks - Ice Tunnel Freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by elemenoh, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elemenoh

elemenoh Member

Patching the ROM and downloading a proper SAV file allowed me to play Zelda Spirit Tracks up until the Ice Tunnel.

To clarify: this is right after you sorted out compatible pairs at Anouki Village and are on your way to the Snow Sanctuary to meet Steem. You board the train and upon entering the ice tunnel the screen stays black.

I have seen several other posts about this same problem on "Zelda spirit tracks AP" but no answers.

Most of us are capable of getting past the "no train controls" problem but this looks like the next road block.

Are there any ideas other than re-patching the ROM?

2. hightimes

hightimes Well-Known Member

What flashcard are you using???

I have a acekard2i and went past the ice tunnel with no problems.

H.

3. elemenoh

elemenoh Member

thanks for responding :)

I'm running CycloDS (1.56 beta 4) with a pre-patched ROM 94.2 Mb in size.

I had problems with my game save disappearing so I replaced my SAV file with this one: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=194704&st=0&p=2438293&#entry2438293. I haven't had problems saving my game since.

I'm not the only one having the ice tunnel issue. Search the roumulation forums for "tunnel".

4. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Have you backed up your files and formatted your card? Slow MicroSD issues can cause freezing. Formatting can help.

5. hightimes

hightimes Well-Known Member

supervenice just posted this:https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=29416.0;topicseen

hope it helps

H.

6. elemenoh

elemenoh Member

thanks. I'll try reformatting while I wait for supervenice to post a fix.
    Post Merge: [time]1260418122[/time]
    thanks for help tirith but reformatting my SD card made no difference. I will keep it in mind for future problems tho.

7. funguy

funguy Well-Known Member

you need to upload your sav file for someone who can play past that part, then they upload it back for you

8. elemenoh

elemenoh Member

oh so many hoops to jump thru in the name of the flash cart fun.

would any of you kind souls be willing to download my save file, make it into the ice tunnel, save right away and uplaod the new SAV file?

I think an ice tunnel sav file would be useful to others till we get a proper fix.

EDIT: Scratch that! On a whim I replaced my ROM with another I found on the site and I can now enter the tunnel!! There must be a poorly patched ROM floating around that is causing people grief. Thanks for all your help!

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

I thought you patched it yourself?

10. Kiekoes

Kiekoes Guest

Well, then what's a fast MicroSD?

11. supervenice

supervenice Member

i have the fix go to my thread...thnx...

12. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I don't tend to have this prolem on a R4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS), With kernal v1.18 and ysmenu

Witch cards dose this happen with?

13. supervenice

supervenice Member

the r4's without ysmenu(its bitch to set up)

and other unlucky cards....

14. Jhon 591

I don't think its ysmenu, also it dose work on my firmare v1.18

Check hear for ysmenu.nds and kernal v1.18 on the same microSD

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=27617.25

It possable that some microSD cards can be to fast, Or R4 is a clone

15. JJMac

JJMac New Member

I'm using the exact same thing but I'm having this problem. R4 Revolution for DS (not a clone), kernal v1.18, and I ran YSMenu.nds. Does it have to auto-load YSMenu? I just have mine that I select and run from the regular DS menu, like any game. Someone said YSMenu was a bitch to set up so I'm not sure if I've done it wrong.

16. Jhon 591

Updated

DSTT v1.17a12 For R4 Original Users , Updated 27/12/09 , self boot ysmenu.nds not needed!

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?f0itmtdty5m

You have to place the files on a formatted microsd card, with R4 Revolution for DS (not a clone)

17. JJMac

JJMac New Member

Ok, so to be clear, that means i download that file, copy everything currently on my microsd card to my computer, select "FORMAT" from the right-click menu for the microsd card, and then drag everything back on?

Or, once formatted, do I have to run the DSTT v1.17a12?

18. Jhon 591

It will run its self , like kernal v1.18 dose

Just put the .nds games in NDS Games folder - not everything

1. backup games and sav
    2. format microsd in fat32
    3. place files from DSTT v1.17a12 For R4 Original Users.rar arcive onto your microsd
    4. place your .nds games in NDS Games folder

Put R4 back into your DS and run

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.