1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zelda: ocarina of time (n64)

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by sd95, Jun 22, 2009.

1. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

wow one of the best n64 RPG games around...ok probably the best!

2. kyogreblue

kyogreblue Well-Known Member

yea i agree with you ocarina of time was and still is a boss n64 release

3. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

Defiantly a favorite of any Zelda fan

4. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I never really considered it an RPG... I thought of it more as an Adventure game

5. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

I couldn't get into it.

6. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

so far i WAS in the water temple but my computer broke along w/ the saved game :(

7. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I was in the water temple too...until I lost the passion...

This is, as previously said, an adventure type game, though i must admit I prefer the 2-d ones...

At least the limited range of movement feels right, the 3-d ones have that strange "auto" jump, and never have voice acting...

But as far as those "series flaws" (think pokemon, never changing, jsut adding stuff on top) this is a series everyone SHOULD try at least once in thier lifetimes...

8. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

This and Majora's mask were the best Zeldas IMO

9. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

i dont actually like majora's mask that much because of the 3-day limit :(

10. Wintrale

Wintrale Well-Known Member

I think Ocarina of Time is only barely better than Twilight Princess... Midna is dramatically superior to Navi, for one, and the dual-use equipment, horse-back combat and Wolf transformation really make it closer to Ocarina of Time than any other. If the dungeons had been bigger and more complex, Twilight Princess would be better than Ocarina of Time.

11. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

The Water Temple is my least favorite simply because I had to figure out how to get all of the keys and that took so long for the first run through.

My favorite is the Spirit Temple. ;D

12. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

i havent reached it yet but when i first read about spirit temple i got curious...:)

13. insanecrazy07

insanecrazy07 Well-Known Member

Just because it's a pretty long dungeon having two parts. The puzzles are pretty challenging for the first time through, the only puzzle I hate is having to position one of those statues onto a switch (you have to wake it up and hopefully it lands on the switch and you have to run to the door before it closes).

14. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

Because of this thread I have decided to locate my old 64 start playing Ocarina of Time all over again... and some Jetforce Gemini

15. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

haha...yeah that couldve been hard :p

16. Usoppu

Usoppu Well-Known Member

I didn't mind the 3 day thing because of all the events it triggered about the place
    some people didn't like it because you were forced to plan a lot more.

The masks were awesome and it had some good/varied dungeons, although there were way too few

the dungeons were a let down, especially ganons castle which sucks compared to Orcarina's

17. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

uhh....yeah...:)

18. sd95

sd95 Well-Known Member

i got tired of OoT considering theres so many more Rpgs and adventure games

19. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

20. krazyyaj

krazyyaj Well-Known Member

oot. imo the best zelda.

twilight p. i got tired of the shadow wolf thingy, then conquering the area. it got a lil boring.

Post Merge: [time]1248942031[/time]
    one of my buds from a long time ago still claims he broke his biggoron sword. i found it unbelievable cause it never happened to me.

the giant sword did break yes. but the biggoron sword never broke on me.