1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Deku Tree. Please Help Me!

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by ZeroSlayer01, Apr 15, 2010.

1. ZeroSlayer01

ZeroSlayer01 Well-Known Member

Okay. I'm in the deku tree on the Zelda, Ocarina of Time for the N64 rom. I looked up a walkthrough and it says that in order to advance to the boss (or maybe it's the middle boss or something, I don't know), I need to kill the three deku scrubs in order from middle, right, to left. I'm assuming that means right hand side. Now, I've been trying to 'kill' them, by deflecting seeds with the shield, and I've done middle to right and then to left. I've also tried other ways, but no matter what order I kill them in, the door will not open.

It also says something about a switch under water where the floating platform is, and I don't see that either.

Is it an issue with the rom? Is the walkthrough not one hundred perecent accurate? OR am I just doing something wrong? Is there another way to kill the scrubs that I'm not doing or something? Can someone please help me?

By the way, I just checked and it says it is the master quest version, but even so, the master quest walkthrough says from middle to right and then to left as well...and I do that, so why can't I get through?

2. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know that from playing that game so much!! XD

You kill them in order. 2-3-1. Meaning: Middle, Right, Left.

I don't think there's anything in the water except for the hears.

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Please check you are playing the original OOT and not master quest, the dungeons are different.

4. ZeroSlayer01

I'm playing the .7z zip version of the game, downloaded from here for the N64, region unknown. It's the package that has a whole bunch of different copies of the rom or something, and I'm using the one with the ! at the end.

Does that help any? And yes, I beat them from middle, to right, and then left, but it still doesn't open the door!

What if I am playing the 'master quest' version though. What do I do in that case?

5. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Have you tried not killing them and just deflecting the nuts?

That's what you're supposed to do I think.

And the Master Quest will have Master Quest in the title and be different buttons in game than the original.

6. ZeroSlayer01

Yes.

I 'kill' them by deflecting the nuts and hitting them.

Yes.

I hit them in order, middle, right, and then left.

Yes.

It says Master Quest on the Title Screen.

7. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Like Loony said, the Master Quest puzzle is different.

Try Right, Left, Middle

8. ZeroSlayer01

Thank you! Right left middle works! I could have swore that the master quest walkthrough told me to do middle, right, and left too though :(. Do you know where I can find the right walkthrough? I'm apparently playing the N64 version, but all I could find was the Gamecube version walkthrough, or is the gamecube and N64 master quest the same?

9. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

I found that info using google, I think I googled "Zelda Master Quest Deku Tree". But I'm sure you can find the proper walk throughs on Gamefaqs.com

10. kedem.kedem1

kedem.kedem1 Member

once you hit a decu scrab whith a deflected nut it spins aroud for a while ONLY hitting it with your sword will acually KILL it.then the last one of them will tell you the secret of how to kill the boss (by the way for those who sugested it : in master quest it is the same order).

11. Inunah

Inunah Well-Known Member

I was about to reply and say 231, because I remember the Deku Scrub telling me "Twenty-three is number one", which helped me remember it, then I saw that you had Master Quest.... XD