1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Zekkyou Senshi: Sakeburein Translation Guide?

Discussion in 'Game Help' started by digirob89, Sep 19, 2007.

1. digirob89

digirob89 Member

I just got the game Zekkyou Senshi: Sakeburein, the club nintendo exclusive "Sentai" game that is controlled by voice.

I need help on some of the words that you have to say....

All I know is to say "CHANGE BAKURETSU" to transform.

I don't know what to say to open doors. I also don't know what to say before the boss fight. (individual and together) and I have no idea what to say after you beat the boss.

does anyone here know?

2. baochan

baochan New Member

Sorry for the late reply. I don't have a friend with a flashme'd DS, so I can't play the game. And there doesn't seem to be a list of commands in Japanese bulletin boards. But the video on this site was very helpful:

http://club.nintendo.jp/present/p62/index.html

Especially to help with your pronunciation. It looks like a lot of it (boss battles in particular) involves saying what's prompted on the screen, so without being able to read hiragana and katakana it might not be possible to beat it. But here's a transcript of what I heard them say in the video, in the order they appear:

"Sei, no" (seems to just set the rhythm before a group command, like "one, two...") せーの
    "Yuukan na Choukan" (said during the training section, something like "Super-hero form?") ゆうかんなちょうかん

attacks:
    "Panchi" ("Punch") パンチ
    "Kikku" ("Kick") キック
    "Tei" (just a nonsense shout) てぃ
    "Yaa" (another shout) やぁ
    (probably other nonsense shouts will work)

"Chenji Bakuretsu" (transformation, "Explosive Change") チェンジバクレツ

Three-way attacks:
    "Rou-ringu" ("Rolling") ローリング
    "Faiyaa" ("Fire") ファイヤー

"Tobira o Hirake" (said to open the door, like "Open Sasame") とびらをひらけ

during the boss battle:
    "Kaze no Byakko" ("White Tiger of Wind") かぜのビャッコ
    "Mizu no Sei-ryuu" ("Blue Dragon of Water") みずのセイリュウ
    "Zekkyou Senshi Sake-burein Sanjou" ("Shouting Warriors Sakebrain Trio(?)") ゼッキョウセンシ サケブレインさんじょう

Given the pattern from the boss battle ("Kaze no Byakko" and "Mizu no Seiryuu"), there's probably a few other commands (they match the Chinese Gods of the sky, and each probably is the guardian spirit or whatnot of each of the five warriors):
    "Chi no Genbu" ("Black Tortoise of Earth")
    "Hi no Suzaku" ("Red Phoenix of Fire")
    "Sora no Ou-ryuu" ("Dragon King of Sky")
    Actually, those are probably wrong... I'm not real familiar with this part of Japanese mythology and pieced it together mostly from Final Fantasy wikis. Maybe someone else can help.

Also, remember that a Japanse "ou" is pronounced like a long "o" (hold it for two syllables). And the last vowel sound is often unpronounced (especially in English-derived words like Kikku (kick) and Panchi (punch)). If you read along as they say it in the video you should get a feel for it. Hope that helps! If I ever get a chance to play the game I'll be able to tell you more. Do you need three players, or can you do it with just two?

And, if you really get stuck, you could brute force it. Here's a chart of hiragana and katakana (the best one I could find for this situation). Just write it out one character at a time :-\

3. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

well, from my knowledge of Japanese:

punch = 'tsuke', not to be confused with 'uke', which sounds similar, but means 'block'
    kick = 'geri'
    jumping = 'tobi'

so, 'mai geri' is a basic front kick, 'yoko geri' is a side kick and 'tobi ushiro geri' would be a jumping backwards kick, if such a thing exists.

oytsuke(sp) is a front lunge punch, and on the subject of 'tsuke' and 'uke', 'shuto tsuke' is a flat hand strike with the edge of your hand, while 'shuto uke' is a flat hand block with the edge of your hand. :)

you could be nearly right with the numbers, as japanese numbers are 'ichi (one) ni, (two) ...'

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Thanks baochan, I knew I could count on you. :)

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

well do you people know Jap.

6. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

A bit :)

7. digirob89

digirob89 Member

Yeah I've been watching the video. It's still hard for me to remember and pronounce, but I'll keep trying.
    I've played it quite a few times so I'll write down what I know.

The game is multiplayer only. But the good thing about it is that it works DS Download play, so you really only need one copy of the game. Can play 2-3 players.

3 options are in the main menu.

Top one is DS communications. DS download play works here. Unsure about multicard.
    Middle is some kind of High score chart.
    Bottom has a gallery. (Unlockable pictures depending on rank i guess?)

Controls:
    Human mode -
    D-Pad - Move
    B - attack
    A - Jump
    B + Voice - Stronger attack (usually a kick) *You can say anything, though i usually say punch or kick anyways.
    L + R + Voice - Transform. *You have to say that phrase "Chenji Bakuretsu" for it to work.

Transformed -
    D-Pad - Move
    B - Attack
    A - Jump
    Voice - Tornado kick upwards *You can say anything.
    Left, Right + Voice - Sliding dash *You can say anything.
    B + Voice - Stronger attack *You can say anything.

In game menu(after finishing connecting) 4 items

1. Some kind of voice training. Possibly the lines you have to say in the game.
    2. Training mode.
    3. Easy mode.
    4. Hard mode. (unlocked after beating easy mode)

The characters are:

White - Tiger
    Green - Turtle
    Red - Phoenix
    Blue - Dragon
    Yellow - Horse?

I said the "Hi no Suzaku" with the red guy before the boss battle and it worked. After the boss is a different story though. haha.