1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yu Yu Hakusho Thread (Ghost Fighter)

Discussion in 'Anime, Manga & Cartoons' started by Cahos Rahne Veloza, May 13, 2008.

1. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Any Yu Yu Hakusho Fans?
    [​IMG]

2. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

my friend love it, i dont know the detail, but i watch one of the episode, its look alot like 3x3 eyes.

3. clyffe28

clyffe28 Well-Known Member

I watched that a dozen times already and i'm getting tired of it

4. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Have you played the Yu Yu Hakusho Games? Two of them rock, the one where you play as if you're watching an Anime, it's an SNES game

5. clyffe28

I didn't know there were games but i'll look in to it

6. Cahos Rahne Veloza

They're in Japanese though, but you can easily learn how to play, as 2 are fighting games a la Street Fighter, & 2 are unique games, can't quite describe them though. To play those two, you hold on ^ on the D-Pad & press any of the A B X & Y buttons to do a power boost action (Y is for jumping onto the sky). Hold on > for basic punch attacks & hold v for the specials like Yuusuke's (Eugene in Pinas) Reii Chii (Ray gun) attacks.

P.S.

Back in 1995, my friends & I didn't know Ghost Fighter was an Anime, we thought it was only just a videogame

7. kamage

kamage Well-Known Member

Are there any files that aren't torrents available to download? subbed? :)

8. clyffe28

whats wrong with torrents?

9. CainMasters

CainMasters Well-Known Member

nah the fighting game on sega genesis is far better than the one on snes

10. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

voltes v
    mazinger z
    daimos
    ghost fighter
    slam dunk

haha the choices for filipinos back then on anime was extremely limted

11. clyffe28

Yeah, then thay play it over and over again

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Do you guys know that it cost a lot to buy the rights to air Anime or any show outside your own country?

You should be happy enough that you do get to watch any of them at all.

As I have said, I knew people who worked for ABS-CBN (local TV Network) & it costs a lot to buy Airing rights, sometimes to get a better deal (or so they say), the people who work under the acquisitions department, buy shows bundled as a "package deal", that is, you can air a certain Anime/show but must also air other shows in the package (some of which are bad deals, *cough* Kamen Rider Ryuki for the rights for Yu-gi-oh! GX*cough*). Also, because the price of Anime has sky rocketed, local TV stations had to consider "taking a back seat" in Anime buying & opted for the next cheapest (crap) there is, Korean garbage, like Jumong, then they market these crap like." this xx show was number 1 in Asia", Yeah Right, Korean garbage :p

We want Anime!!

13. calvin_0

yup, i agree, Korean love story suk ass....at least Japanese Live Action is way better then them.....but then they cant beat anime XD

14. clyffe28

Thats why we have damn super long comercials every now and then

15. sla03rs

sla03rs Well-Known Member

That's why i love scanlation/translation groups because

1. no lousy voice acting, cept when the voice actors do suck but that's pretty rare
    2. most of the time up to date with the series
    3. no commercial breaks
    4. quality is normally good
    5. they do it for free for the public woot

16. Cahos Rahne Veloza

But you have to have cable or internet access to see those, we're talking about people below lower middle class that have only local free TV

17. clyffe28

Like me, we only use a lead wire for our antenna :'(

anyways our local tv stations hav many sources of income like, comercials for instance, you don't think aring a short commerial would cost only 1000 bucks right its even a way more

18. calvin_0

I dont watch anime in the local tv....I just cant take thier crappy dub and lousy translation.. i goto anime shop for my anime need.....

19. clyffe28

Me, I just borrow som dvds ( the 100 episodes in 1 type ) from my cousin and watch it all day long

20. monozuki_san

monozuki_san Member

Me too.. But sometimes I watch in TV...especially if the dub/translation is good.

In Philippines, the local channel prefer to broadcast a korea shows than anime. And most of all a looonnn commercial. This make some of viewers to buy pirated dvds just to watch a full episodes of Naruto or anime which not yet came in english dub. Or watching on youtube.

I'm BTW a yu yu hakusho fan ^^