1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yu-Gi-Oh StarDust World Championship 2009 Freeze

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by NdsGamingFreak, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NdsGamingFreak

NdsGamingFreak Well-Known Member

hey i am using R4 Deluxe (R4 Clone) i star the game no problem i can run around with the character but as soon as i duel my nds freeze , i tryed to duel on wifi and also story mode it only freezes when i duel what is my problem? how can i fix it? please help me, Thanks.

-NdsGamingFreak

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

What firmware version do you have?

3. NdsGamingFreak

i use r4 deluxe v1.22 firmware is there anyway i can use a more upgraded version of firmware? or like another r4 clones firmware?

4. anandjones

Well, 1.27 seems to be the latest. http://linfoxdomain.com/nintendo/ds/

5. NdsGamingFreak

but thats for R4Dsi is it not?

6. anandjones

For R4 Deluxe, and R4i Deluxe.

7. NdsGamingFreak

ok i just formated my r4 and then updated the firmware to 1.27 it says loading then the screen goes black top and bottom

8. anandjones

It didn't do this with previous firmware?

9. NdsGamingFreak

unfortunately yes... but anywho i have solved this problem on my own , it was pretty simple.... cannot change the hairdos/face expressions have to use the default in order to duel
    Post Merge: [time]1248239706[/time]
    anyway thanks for ur time trying to help me anadjones

10. anandjones

If that particular part is 3D, then slow reading on MicroSD's part.

11. ProwlingStorm

ProwlingStorm Member

Hey, I'm having a problem with this game as well, but I can't even get as far as NdsGamingFreak.

When I select the game, both screens turn black after loading, and it says 'Unable to read data.
    Please turn of the power and reinsert the game card.' I know about the 'arm 7' patch, but it doesn't seem to work. I try to move the patched arm7 into the YGO StarDust file, but it said "Cannot move arm7: The source and destination file names are the same". I tried renaming the file the arm7 patch was in, but then the YGO StarDust file name changed with it ???

But I checked the arm7, arm9, banner, header, y7, and y9 file in the YGO, and the all the KB matched the patch ones.

Is it possible that it's my firmware? And if so, how do I check which one I have?

BTW: Nds, how did you fix it anyways?

Oh, and I was thinking about just downloading the (J) or (E) version, as long as it's still comprehensible in English... It also says in the (U) one that there are cheats, but I didn't see any before I entered the game, maybe cause it wasn't working properly in the first place?

12. anandjones

You must be doing the patching wrong then. https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0 Just grab the arm7.bin files from a working ROM, and overwrite the one in your Yu-Gi-Oh ROM, and repack.

Also, for the cheats, you'll need a database from cheats.gbatemp.net if you're talking about that. And which flashcart do you have? The firmware version is usually outputted somewhere on the firmware menu.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.