1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's SA Cheats Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Pearldante, Apr 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

Hey i got the ROM as soon as a found it then when i found the cheats i put them on my R4. I had them on my 1GB but then got rid of the 1GB so moved the data on to my 2GB, But now The Cheats don't work at all it is as if they are not there. I have deleted and replaced everything but still nothing can anyone help me ???

Edit: PN if this is in the wrong area i'm sorry

2. pugmalion1

pugmalion1 Well-Known Member

Did you copy over your system file to the new card, too? Sounds like you may have just moved the games and saves, and left the latest cheats on your other card.

Doesn't matter. In any case, try taking everything off of your card, formatting it, replacing the cheat.dat in the System folder with the latest version, and then putting everything back on your newest memory card.

3. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

Hmm I've done it but still nothing i have even put the cheats on to the r4 myself by the editor and still nothing

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

5. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

Thank but it dose not seem to cover what ever my problem is as i have other games running with the cheats i installed on the R4 i have also renamed the game file and the game in the cheat dat to "0003 - ABC 5D's stardust" on the off chance that it is cutting off the data in the lower half of the alphabet, And thus i ask here for i am a humble nwb in the world of computers and Rom's and emulators

6. anandjones

Try making your own cheat database with only the Yugioh game code in it.

7. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

done that as well it was the frist thing i tryed i only use a download when mine failed i thought it was my fault :p

8. anandjones

Maybe a problem with the GameID?

9. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

don't know tbo honest since i have put a new verson of the game and dat's (both mine and a dl version) on the card and still nata.

10. anandjones

Reinstall firmware, database. Or redownload the game perhaps. Otherwise, post on the GBAtemp.net topic.

11. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

Hmm not thought of the reinstalling the firmware. Ty I'll try that next, which would be best been as it has been a long time since i put one on ::)

Edit:- right after reinstalling the firmware it still would not work, So i dropped the cheat DAT back to the R4 website version and put on my user-cheat DAT and now it work's so thank you very much. ;D ;D :D YAY now i don't have to putt up with that god awful story or admit that speed duels ever happened

12. anandjones

You weren't using usrcheat.dat in the first place? =/

13. Pearldante

Pearldante Member

No i use usrcheat DAT on all my sticks have since i had the R4 if i where to guess I'd say the data was corrupted

Edit OK i just re-updated my Cheat.DAT from the gbatemp site and it's gone again so i guess there a problem there dose anyone know were i can get last months cheat.DAT i had no problems with that one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.