1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5d's 2011 Over the Nexus help please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Katenkotsu, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Katenkotsu

Katenkotsu New Member

I'm having trouble with any rom I find of this game, I load it onto my R4 card, start up story and when told to go to the hideout in the beginning of the game, no one is there. It's empty, I followed the story walkthroughs that I find on youtube and when that person goes to the hideout the people are there, but not for me =/.

Is there something wrong with my R4 card or every rom I find? If it is just the roms I've been finding, can anyone point me in the direction of a working rom?

2. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

It's got to do with your R4 being obsolete, as YGO 5D 2011 ON got AP protection in it. Unless you give us the full name of that cart/exact image as per shown on the stickers, we can't help. As far as I can tell you is try either YSMENU or WOOD R4 as secondary firmware (which to use depends on what your R4 is). Got over 3 dozen carts going by the name 'R4'.

3. Katenkotsu

Katenkotsu New Member

If you're talking about the R4 cartridge/stickers or what not, on the cartridge it says "R4i
    Revolution for DS
    (DS,DSL,NDS)
    www .r4ids .cn"

I am running WOOD R4, so do I possibly need to upgrade it? I think I'm running version 1.50.

I appreciate any/all the help you can give me.

4. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Upgrade your WOOD R4, it's now already v.1.62 or higher. Check your cart's website and download a copy of it there. Delete the old save file (both the wood R4.sav and YGO 5D.sav) and try again. Refrain from using cheats, only after you confirm the WOOD R4 had over come the AP may you use cheats. On the other hand, there is a cracked/patched YGO 5D rom on the net. Or you could try patching the rom using DS-SCENE Rom Tool. But again, try playing on unpatched/clean/uncracked rom via latest WOOD R4 first. Only if problem not solved, then do the next suggestion.