1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D SA glitch

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Dranzersaad, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dranzersaad

Dranzersaad Member

Ive got a problem with the game :S
    Im at the bit where you have your first turbo duel. For some reason the game freezes once ive done the rock-paper-scissors. The game also freezes when i try to edit my turbo deck. Any ideas on how i can fix this? :S

Btw ive already tried using another ROM from a different site, but same thing happens and i am using cheats (has that corrupted my save file?)

EDIT: Im using cycloDS to play it.

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Make sure you are using the latest firmware. 1.54
    If that doesn't solve your freezing problems, then backup all your data and format your MicroSD card, and restore all the files you want.

All this is covered in the Common Issues thread:
    https://www.romulation.org/forum/index.php?topic=1462.0

Using cheats can corrupt your save file, but that might not be the case.

3. Dranzersaad

Dranzersaad Member

I am using the latest firmware and I don't think I need to format my microSD card as I just bought a 2gb card and transferred all of my files from my 1gb to my new 2gb, but ill give it a try. In the common issues page it says it might be because the microSD is too slow and to use Kingston or Sandisk which are the two cards i have (Kingston 1gb, Sandisk 2gb).

EDIT: Formatting it didn't solve my problem either :/

4. TirithRR

Then maybe it is your cheating that caused it.

Backup your save file somewhere on your computer, delete it from your MicroSD, and start a new game and see if the freezing and crashing still happens.

5. Dranzersaad

Dranzersaad Member

OK, I will try that, thanks.

EDIT: It works, I can edit my turbo deck, so it was the cheats :-\
    I don't want to have to start the game again since i went through the security impound bit. Is there a way I could fix my original save file; maybe a patch or something?

6. TirithRR

Unfortunately probably not.

If the cheats are what caused the problem, then something in the save file is corrupted. It's part of the danger of using cheats.

You could try loading the old save file back onto your card, and disabling the cheats. There is a chance that maybe the cheat being active is what caused the problem. (But it's also likely that the cheat corrupted the file.)

7. Dranzersaad

Dranzersaad Member

Ye, i think it was the cheats because ive already tried disabling them. Guess ill have to start again :(

8. ShadowExorcist

ShadowExorcist New Member

i have the same problem too, and unfortunately i also used japanese cheats on a Eng. version, it gave me about 4k DP each time i win, (i know its not supposed to, but somehow it did that lol)
    also freeze during 1st turbo duel, and when u try to edit turbo deck =\, i too dont wanna start a new game that security impound part was a real pain in the butt!!!!

9. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

That is unwise to do that, since obviously the memory addresses are probably a variation between each region ROM version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.