1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YSmenu ... Weird Old you !

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Yadidi, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Yadidi

Yadidi Member

Hey There :)
    I have an R4Card , Version 1.18 . I have downloaded YSmenu a while back . Recently , I formatted my card . Now , after I downloaded it again , run it (YSmenu) and try to play Mario and Luigi Inside story , It gets stuck at the game loading place . I thought YSmenu allows to go beyond that ? And I have reached to the Banzai Bill part before I formatted my SD .
    And another thing , I am not able to use the cheats option in YSmenu .
    Really , What happened ?

2. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

If you have an original R4 (I think you do because you were using 1.18), then there's a new firmware that's better than Ysmenu, called Wood R4. I can't help you if you want to get Ysmenu working again, but if you want to give Wood R4 a go then it's pretty simple. The only thing about Wood R4 is that it needs your save files to be named differently. Ysmenu uses "example-game-name.sav" but Wood R4 uses "example-game-name.nds.sav". So to use Wood R4, you'd need to rename all your save files from .sav to .nds.sav
    So if you want to give Wood R4 a go (I'd recommend it) then just download the "Wood R4 v1.09 for R4 Original" package from here.

P.S. Remember to back up the contents your card first, just in case something goes wrong.

3. Yadidi

Yadidi Member

I will try it in a mo
    Post Merge: [time]1277812476[/time]
    Works !
    Thanks alot bro ;D

4. Fredbox

Fredbox Well-Known Member

Great, glad it helped. If you have any trouble with anything (sometimes some people have trouble setting up cheats with it) then just ask.