1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YSMENU update? is there even such a thing as versions for it? :|

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by KentaZX, Mar 12, 2010.

1. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

noob question i know, i know that people just go to the site and get a the firmware updates and such for their cart,

but however after hearing reading some post about ysmenu and the fact i can find any updates about YSMENU for my R4 and hearing that people made the ysmenu.... weeird.

so where or how can i update the YS MENU? is there even a new version out or something, are there even such things as versions for it? :|

im asking because i wanna play pokemon SS and i hear that some people are saying theyre doing fine on the original R4 1.18, but i wanna first try it on a new version of ysmenu (if there is any) because ysmenu works perfect for mario and luigi bowser inside story while the original R4 v1.18 does not. (or did i missed something when i beaten the game long time ago?)

WHAT IS BETTER to you guys btw? the R4 v1.18 (or up to 1.24 as i heard about if that is actually a real firmware) or YSMENU?

oh yea if this was mentioned already mods, before you locked it if you think it should be, can you first reply with a link that will solve my problem before you lock this post? (if need to) thank you.

2. DragonQuester

DragonQuester Well-Known Member

Dont worry youre not a noob... I have the same question as you, and I use R4 v1.18

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

They is a speedup for thease games :), but no fixes :(

Somewhere on gbatemp today under DSTT / TopToy DS , but i cannot post the direct link hear

infolib.dat , extinfo.dat , savlib.dat go into the ttmenu folder

v1.24 works on the original R4 from www.r4li.com . but sound problem on DS and not DSL weard, v1.23 is safe

4. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

do you know if v1.23 works with mario and luigi 3 (U)?

5. khairaj08

khairaj08 Well-Known Member

I have r4 with v1.24 and the sound works fine on my phat ds, but hg and ss does crash occasionally but u can still play the game by turning it on and off

6. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

I have not tested that game with kernal v1.23 , I have always used ysmenu...

But mario and luigi BIS has had a big AP problem, I had two R4 originals and lent one out, I will get it back to use for testing... , mabe the usrcheat.dat codes might make it work for that kernal version

7. KentaZX

KentaZX Guest

yea i heard about that and i was getting annoyed by that until some youtube person shown the ysmenu to get the game work and i beaten the game with no flaws, lol XD

lemme know how its goes when you done k? thx :)

8. YouLubMen

YouLubMen New Member

http://wiki.scorpei.com/index.php/R4_compatibility_list

The Compatibility list is there. Everything shown is using he current YSMENU.

On this wiki page there is a guide to how to create YSMENU and the link to the 3 files that are used to update it. The current update does not have support for SS and HG (U).

Disclaimer - I am a noob I've just been reading about it recently. If I am not alowed to post this link please tell me and I'll gladly take it down ;o

9. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

After viewing the site posted above, I now have a few questions of my own.

They have a different version of YSMenu posted then I've been using (I've been using v1.17a12). Is their posted version more recent, or is this one? The firmware I downloaded from the site looks different, but I'm not too sure if it is actually a different version of firmware or if it just uses a different skin.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I want to keep my R4 as up to date as possible to avoid any issues that may arise with roms (though Soul Silver and Heart Gold feel forever out of reach for the original R4 user).

10. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

The version of YSMenu itself is different from the version of DSTT firmware it is built with. Obviously use YSMenu with the latest DSTT kernel. I doubt the versions posted on that site are up to date.

11. LuckyTrouble77

LuckyTrouble77 Well-Known Member

The files contained seem to be up to date. It has the most recent updates to the firmware and seems to run identically to my other YSMenu firmware. It runs everything the other YSMenu runs and the site it came from is very up to date. Other then a visual difference and the fact that the menu takes me to the root rather then my NDS games folder right away on start up, I can't find a discernible difference.