1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YSMenu not working on R4i & how to make new games work on R4i

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by 0bumblebee0, Nov 12, 2010.

1. 0bumblebee0

0bumblebee0 Active Member

Hello, I hope someone can help me with my problem. I bought an R4i sdhc for my DSi and I think I bought the wrong flashcart. I can't seem to play the new games like Professor Layton unwound future, Okamiden, Kingdom hearts re:coded ds, The last window, Golden eye ds, and even monopoly.

I did some research about what to do but I still don't understand how this R4i works, especially I'm not really good at computers and emulation. I found one topic here at romulation about the YSMenu http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=36273.0. I followed every step of the tutorial and did exactly what it said but to no avail. I tried to run the YSMenu at the multimedia but it doesn't load any roms (even the old games). I keep getting the same error "unsupported dldi name". When I run the YSMenu at the R4menu, the whole menu freezes. Did I miss something?

Is there any other way to make those games work on a R4i sdhc? Your help will be very much appreciated. Thank you very much! :'(

2. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

No YSMenu won't work on it. Neither does Wood R4 or WAIO.

You have to wait for a new firmware from the team of your card.

3. 0bumblebee0

Does that mean I won't be able to play Professor Layton unwound future or even Monopoly ds? Is it better to sell this R4i and get a better flashcart than to wait for the R4 team to release a new firmware? :(

I think I posted this thread in the wrong section. Pls move if necessary >.<

4. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

yes, you are better buying a new card, recommend either acekard 2i or supercard dstwo

5. GAME NERD

GAME NERD Well-Known Member

what site is your card from

6. drybones41

drybones41 Well-Known Member

7. 0bumblebee0

I managed to solve my own problem LOL :D

After some research again on the internet, I found out that R4i sdhc is a clone of dstt. So I downloaded one of dstt's latest firmware (somewhere in google haha) and simply extracted at the root of my micro sd, simple as that. I can now play Professor Layton unwound future, Kingdom Hearts re coded, and Okamiden. Yay! Now the only games I need to find out how to work on R4i are Call of Duty black ops and Monopoly (I know this game is a waste but I want to play it on my ds ;D).

Good thing I haven't sold this yet! Saved me some bucks. I thought I was going to throw this away as trash. Buying another new flashcart will be costly :p

8. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

if you got ysmenu working, go to my topic and download ttds/ysmenu fixes 6.33. that will let you play CoD:BO

9. 0bumblebee0

WAAHH Thank you so much iluvfupaburgers!! You're a genius! Even monopoly is perfectly working now on my R4i sdhc!! I found your thread (http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=43121.0) and it's very useful. The TTMenu solves all my problem. I can't thank you enough! :'(

10. Jpunea

Jpunea New Member

How do I get the TTDS or DSTT (I am a real noob at this), I have the R41-SDHC v1.4 and all the tutorials i have followed do not work and don't give me links so I never know how to work, now I know that you can get the DSTT to work on it, but how do I do this and were can I get this from, do I delete everything of the card and just put the DSTT on? because when I boot up I just the the 'Menu?' thing up =[

Thank youuuuuu