1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YSmenu for N5 Revolution help!

Discussion in 'Flashcart Help' started by trinii_abp, Dec 15, 2010.

1. trinii_abp

trinii_abp New Member

I'm new in the forum but I had downloaded NDS games here since I have my NDS and now I really need your help. I have a N5 Revolution flashcard and I don't know how to make Golden Sun 3 work! I've tried everything and when I say everything it's EVERYTHING: I've created an ysmenu manually, I've tried wood R4, easy ysmenu creator, downloaded all ysmenus I've found, and so on... but nothing seems to work. Plus I'm not so sure about the N5 last firmware update.
    My Golden Sun 3 has the typical blackscreen error and also I've had Load rom errcode=4 please help me! :/

PD: I've tried so hard that my downloads folder and desktop was full of crap and when i deleated it my game's backup went with that crap ): so I've really suffered xD

2. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

as far as I know N5 is not able to run any firmware other than its own. If you have the latest version of the N5 firmware and the game does not work then you are probably SOL, at least until the N5 team release a firmware update fixing it.

3. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i believe the n5 can use wood. but i would change cart since it is really bad and can brick your ds

4. trinii_abp

trinii_abp New Member

But it's supposed to work..

YSMENU COMPATIBILITY LIST

WORKING: NOT WORKING:
    -R4 SDHC -R4 Neo
    -R4i SDHC -R4i Neo
    -R4 Ultra -R4 Gold
    -R4i Ultra -R4i Gold
    -N5 -R4i Pro Gold
    -M3DS Real
    -M3i
    -SuperCard DSOne

5. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

N5 is a 1:1 clone of r4, so you can use either wood r4 or ysmenu. but it is not recommended to have one since it can brick your ds

6. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

I suggest you try get in touch with "Duncan Idaho", he's a member here and he's using an N5 cart like you. He was able to install YSMENU. Try to contact him through his profile that I link below:

His profile : http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?action=profile;u=954386

7. trinii_abp

trinii_abp New Member

Thank you very much! I'll try to contact him

8. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho Well-Known Member

wow im honored some one is using me as a reference, if my tutorial doesnt wokrs, contact me again, but its no big deal, basically grab the halo 101 ysmenu.nds file and the latest ttmenu copy paste what is on the sofware folder of retro and run your ysmenu tell it to create the .sav and it should be running, also try it with v.1.31, v.1.32 is buggy and it seems to be a rip from an other firmware.