1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YSMenu didl error?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by eaithegrimreaper, Apr 9, 2010.

1. eaithegrimreaper

eaithegrimreaper Well-Known Member

I tried using Halo-101's fix to get SCC and other AP games to work and when I try to load up a game I get this "r4didl.dat error" message. This happens on every game I've tried. I'm using an R4SDHC with kernel v1.34 running. My main concern is getting Mario and Luigi: BIS to work but everything I've tried didn't work. Can somebody help me?

2. Shinigamiz

Shinigamiz Active Member

The r4didl.dat might be corrupted.
    You could redownload YSMenu with the same r4didl.dat and replace it.
    I didn't really understand what you meant with. "This happens on every game I've tried"
    Do you mean all your games don't work because of the error or all AP games?

3. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

It might be missing the r4didl.dat driver

http://ez-files.net/549128

Unzip r4didl.dat and Try placeing the r4didl.dat in the root are some folders

I don't have an R4 clone, I can not say if it will work or not

4. eaithegrimreaper

I'll redownload it.

Not just AP games, but every game, like Metroid and Pokemon Platinum Version.
    Post Merge: [time]1270846667[/time]
    Okay, the didl file was definitly corrupted, I replaced it a games could load up but now I have a new problem. Every game I load up freezes as soon as it starts up, AP and non-AP's. I can tell they freeze because I get white screens and some weird popping noise my DS makes that usually means it froze. Now how can I fix these freezing issues?

5. Shinigamiz

Shinigamiz Active Member

Are you using the correct firmware?
    If you are, then try to back up your files and format your memory card.
    Never encountered a problem like yours :S

About Mario & Luigi: BIS, it has Anti-Piracy, have you patched it?

Good luck :)

6. fikri

fikri Active Member

by R4 SDHC, do you mean like the one from this site? ndslr4.com

if so, try using the earlier firmware
    the 1.34 is the one with the pandora thingy right?
    the pandora has its own r4dldi if i'm not mistaken and I think it messes up the ysmenu if you had both of them in your micro sd
    I had the same error as you and i switched back to the 1.32 and now it works flawlessly (SCC, Sonic Racing, and Warioware DIY works too)

7. eaithegrimreaper

Just did that, now I'm back on v1.32, a few differences are seen but my games still won't load without having a white screen. Also, with SCC, I get a "load rom errcode=-4" message. What do I do about this?

8. squishyman

squishyman Active Member

R4 SDHC is crap, you should buy a new flashcart. I'm going to get my self a acekard soon, because my r4 sdhc won't run the pokemon hg/ss patched roms.

9. fikri

fikri Active Member

hmm, where did you get your YSMenu?

10. eaithegrimreaper

First post of this thread:

http://forum.romulation.net/index.php?topic=38725.0

Near the bottom of the post it gives instructions on how to fix the games with the R4SDHC. But it didn't work for me.

11. robinisslim

robinisslim Member

Same promblem here

12. fikri

fikri Active Member

go to this link http://filetrip.net/g25122862-Unofficial-R4YSauto-DSTT-v1-17-.html
    download the R4YSauto and follow the instructions there

13. yoshi2889

yoshi2889 Well-Known Member

Then you are doing something epicly wrong.

You musn't run YSMenu, Pandora is the YSMenu included with the 1.34 firmware.
    You must run Pandora.

14. wearebirds

wearebirds Member

I have YSMENU on my R4SDHC. It took me forever to figure out what I was doing wrong, and it turned out to be the 1.34 kernel. I downloaded 1.32, and load YSMENU as a .nds file instead of a replacement firmware, and it works like a charm. I've even gotten a few other things to work on my R4SDHC that people said could not be done, so don't give up hope yet. PANDORA is okay, but doesn't load as many games as YSMENU(in my experience)

Still haven't found a fix for SMT:ST though... suggestions are very welcome(running R4SDHC from r4sdhc.com)

15. yoshi2889

In my experience, PANDORA is the same as YSmenu, but you will need the files of YSMenu.

And what is SMT:ST?

16. wearebirds

wearebirds Member

I'm not sure if I ever used the updated files from YSMenu, I might try that later.

SMT:ST = Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey. I cannot, for the life of me, get it to save on my card. I've tried just about everything. I haven't heard or read any confirmation from anyone getting it to run properly on R4SDHC.

I'm interested to see if it would run on the kernel patch you were talking about making in the Bowsers Inside Story thread.

17. yoshi2889

I think that it will work...

Lets try it.

Post my result later.

18. wearebirds

wearebirds Member

There is a patch for the Bahamut release of the ROM. Try it patched and clean, because I've read it works both ways but it depends on what method you use to load it.

And just to be clear, the rom loads, but when you try to save it goes to a black screen. Good luck with it.

19. yoshi2889

I do not need to patch. Put the patch inside the "PATCH" folder of the kernel, rename it to the ROM and it will get patched...
    My kernel does it all for me :)

I will try it with PANDORA and without. 2 copy's of the ROM.