1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YSmenu colorless screens

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by omgwut, Apr 1, 2011.

1. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

My YSmenu has no color. My YSmenu skin and the text are all black and white, including the ROM icons. Luckily, they're then only things that turned black and white, and my TTDS.nds is unaffected. Also, everything functions normally, but still I hate how there's no color.

I'm not sure if this is some sort of weird april fools joke thing that's programed in YSmenu or maybe some sort of temporary error in YSmenu, but it sure is an eyesore for me.

I'm using TTDS as my flashcart and I normally use TTDS.nds for playing my ROMs, but the YSmenu B&W thingy sure is agitating me...

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Happy April fools joke XD :D!

Yep YSmenu mine to!

Set your DS date by one day

3. Prectorian

Prectorian . Staff Member

Yup!! My YSMENU - Yasu/RGF build also get this temporary black and white screen....I assume this last for only 1 day only too. Its some sick joke to make you jumpy and start looking for cure, it always happen every year on this very date. :p

But my YSMENU - Vividboy H2Y build does not suffer from this. Which is why I'm " Zen Calm " ..... ;)

4. Jhon 591

I wonder where in the YSMenu firmware this joke can be disabled ?, data maybe you could ask him ?

Nice to hear from you @prectorian !

5. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

I remember my first time -_-
    Been looking like the whole day for it stupid YSMenu, i even came too late for work.
    I wanna go into the HEX and delete that B****.

6. Jhon 591

The first time i sar this joke i took the r4 original card appart lol!, Now i was a fool...

About the HEX it would have to match the DS internal date some how!

7. Prectorian

I'm pretty sure its in either the TTMENU.sys, YSMENU.NDS, or _DS_MENU.sys. Those are the 3 files that are different between the YASU build and the Vividboy H2Y build.

@Ian,
    Don't worry...you won't be missing me much....haha....I go online sporadicly these few days as I've got work to do lately.
    I was making a new tutorial for DeSmuMe earlier today and am waiting for the mods to approve it.
    Its been 7 hours since it was submitted. Not sure what's the hold up....
    Maybe its part of their joke on me, trying to test my patience nerves.

8. Jhon 591

Good luck with the tutorial prectorian

Rule out TTMENU.sys as it will create a new one on first start!

YSMENU.NDS, or _DS_MENU.DAT maybe it , are it could be in the ttmenu.dat are r4patch.dat !

9. Prectorian

Thanks. I'm now just waiting for the mods to approve it.......since 7 hours ago....gosh!!

I doubt its in the ttmenu.dat, its more likely in the _DS_MENU.DAT or _DS_MENU.sys. But I certainly don't intend to look into it.....too lazy to try.....or frankly to stupid to know how. :p

10. Jhon 591

7 hours OMG lol

Anyway i don't think it real matters at the edn of the day XD!

3DS is starting to take over, people ae moving into that direction more!, It will not be long before TTDS and R4 is dead + DS, real shame i was to late with working out how infolib.dat is done, But i know now how!

It would be nice to keep a record of how extinfo.dat and infolib.dat was done for future refrence!

11. Prectorian

Yes, I know that, but it won't be anytime soon that everyone move on to 3DS. I for one don't intend to buy it. And yes it would be great to know how to properly edit those 3 dats to solve all issues including AP. At least should one day we need to do it on our own its possible....if only....

12. CoolKill3r

CoolKill3r Well-Known Member

Whole topic taken over by Jhon 591 & prectorian o.o

13. Prectorian

And don't forget...and you too CK3... ;)

14. Jhon 591

Lol no proplem

Hear is the final EDIT and more updated with a infolib.dat table!

Working on extinfo and infolib 100%

http://www.mediafire.com/?utp49rzdd01gz68

About the 3DS i would like to try it first, Not a grate line of games though XD!

Call it a day after this @ Coolkill3r!

15. omgwut

omgwut Well-Known Member

Well, Yasu got me good there...

...Kinda got me pissed of though... Me and april fools don't get along.