1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Ys or yasu menu help (by jonkswa)...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by jonkswa, Oct 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonkswa

jonkswa Well-Known Member

is there any possible way to run ys or yasu menu with my (fake)
    r4sdhc?

if so, can u plz post a link?

if not, wat can i do to play new games.
    (i dont use the r4sdhc firmware though, i use regular old dead firmware v 1.18))

2. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Its the card it's self some people say they can get it to work, some say thay can not.

Try diffrent firmware's

3. jonkswa

i only tried r4 (dead v) 1.18 and r4sdhc v 1.24, and 1.26 (fake also)
    Post Merge: [time]1254772941[/time]
    oh and what i dont get is that when i try putting the sdhc (both) firmwares, i get the stuck on loading screen and i tried reformating my sd card 3 times sooooooooo.. yeeeeaaaahhh...

4. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

YSMenu when compiled, has a _DS_MENU.DAT, same as the R4, so the card can read that as the main loader. If your particular R4 firmware has that same file as well, than obviously what you tried won't work. Just install the regular R4 SDHC firmware, and copy YSMenu.nds and TTMenu onto the root of your MicroSD. Then you should be able to run the .nds file through your regular filebrowser inside the R4 firmware, and have both firmwares on the same instance. If that doesn't work, you may have to use a generator such as a2h's YSMenu Generator, to generate the files you particularly need for the type of YSMenu installation you want.

5. jonkswa

okay, i tried the r4 sdhc firmware, it freezes at loading screen.(i even tried older versions andformating my sd card)

with the a2h's ys menu....thing... it can only load a VERY old game like mario 64ds and not even tetris and higher, i tried varies of ys menu.

can some one possibly pre-compile a ys menu for firmware v1.18 on my r4 sdhc?(if possible/allowed)
    plz?

6. anandjones

YSMenu doesn't work on the R4 SDHC unfortunately. YSMenu is custom DSTT firmware, so you must mean 1.17/a07 DSTT firmware.

7. jonkswa

ys menu does work on my r4 sdhc but just BARELY and i always try ys as a regular rom only.
    wat should i do if i want to play new games then?

8. anandjones

If the SDHC firmware did not work, then it's most likely not one at all, or a fake. That issue happens when you haven't installed the correct firmware. Did you load the YSMenu archive named as YSMenu.zip as well as the infolib.dat? Otherwise, try using R4YSauto.

9. jonkswa

teah and r4ysauto says not to work for r4sdhc i tired this, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=7232

10. I have the r4i sdhc and it turns ys menu. It's just that it doesn't play games. What should I do?

11. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Format your card and go back to your original firmware, Its the only thing you can do...

Backup games first though

Ysmenu mostly ownly works for R4 revolution for DS (NDSL/NDS) card

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.