1. This forum is in read-only mode.

your thoughts on metroid prime 3 corruption....

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by ultra, Aug 22, 2007.

1. ultra

ultra Guest

i saw some previews of it and it looks quite interesting, especially those hook and swing parts [grappling hook].

i believe this is probably the definitive standard set for all future release of fps on the wii. and if it works, there will be a huge possible fps pour out for the wii.

2. WBW87

WBW87 Member

Started playing yesterday........... IT .......... IS ............FREAKIN GREAT ;D
    there is almost constant action!!!!! Controls are great. Already one of my favorites!

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

I just started playing it today, I haven't gotten very far, only just got my PED suit.

My impression so far is that it's pretty good, the controls are a little on the slow side, I wouldn't mind if it turned a little faster, and perhaps the ability to do a 180 or a quick 90 degree turn by double tabing the analogue stick quickly in the direction you'd want to turn. Besides that it's pretty good, I like how not every situation is explained in details, I spent a lot of time on the fight against the bird (when you're a ball and going through the tubes to the reactor) because I didn't notice it lifted it's leg. Just means you have to be aware.

So all in all I like it a lot, though there are a few quirks that could easily have been fixed had I beta tested it previously. *hint hint developers*

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

*reply from the developers* huh? what?

:p

5. AetherMaster

AetherMaster Well-Known Member

"The Bird" is Meta Ridly from the first Metroid Prime game. I got it Tuesday and I'd have to say that is one of the or the best game I've ever played.

6. WBW87

WBW87 Member

WOW I been playing the game for over twenty hours and have almost beat it. This is one of my favorite games now. Don't worry, I won't give anything way. But if you want some hints, ask away

7. MusicAddict911

MusicAddict911 Well-Known Member

I want this game. Really bad.

8. Agerion

Agerion Member

It was a tad too short and the ending was almost anti-climactic.
    I liked it a lot, I just wish it was as long as Echoes.... Which I never finished....
    And how the heck do you get green medals!?

9. WBW87

WBW87 Member

I finished echoes but got to the end of the first Prime and couldn't defeat the boss. You need to finish echoes, its not that hard.

10. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

nothing other than great..

11. h8uthemost

h8uthemost Well-Known Member

I don't have my Wii chipped, and I rented it last week since I didn't have enough to buy it yet. I usually don't rent, but I just couldn't help myself with this one. And I didn't play too far into a game, since this is a game that should be bought.

But anyways, I'm a huge Metroid fan, but at first I was a little let down with the game. The beginning part of the game, it doesn't feel like a traditional Prime game, because there is a lot of voice acting, and interacting with other people. There was a lot going on. It just felt too busy or something. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

But once I got out of that first part of the game, and got to the first planet, then it started to feel like a Metroid Prime game. Samus finally gets all by herself, and gets a chance to go exploring. I was so impressed by everything about it. I didn't even finish the whole first planet. But what I did play, was just great. The controls I think, is one of the best parts of the game.

And the visuals were awesome too. Such a step up from the two Gamecube games. Although this game really made me wish the Wii had the power that the 360 does. I would have loved to played a Metroid game that was built from the ground up for a console that powerful. I'm sure they could have done so much with it.

But anyways, like I mentioned, I didn't play much. But the few hours I played, I was very impressed with. I'm going to buy this weekend, so I"ll have a chance to play through the whole game soon. I can't wait.

12. Solm

Solm Member

Having only bought the Wii recently I have not played any of the Metroid Prime games, but from what I have heard from your post, I'm going to get this game when it's out, can't wait.

13. Supasly

Supasly Guest

I got it two days ago and i'm inside the first seed battling the boss. So far this game is amazing...

14. cfiniris

cfiniris Well-Known Member

It's a great game. I actually really enjoyed it. The controls weren't anywhere near as bad as I thought they would be, and the gameplay itself was fun. I was actually able to get into this one a lot easier than the other two Prime games.

(Can we exchange Friend Vouchers, then? I really need those green medals...)

15. Supasly

Supasly Guest

The medals were a great addition to the game but why did they have to remove multiplayer modes...