1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your saved files on ePSX games

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by FormalMoogle, Jan 14, 2012.

1. FormalMoogle

FormalMoogle Well-Known Member

Is there a way to import and export saved states on the ePSX? I know that you could for the GBA and DS emulators which I have had used before but I don't know about the ePSX.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

By import/export do you mean to move save files to & from your Computer to & from your Playstation console?

If this is what you mean, then try this method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ8Gx8_450w

3. FormalMoogle

Well, perhaps that it's my fault for not clarifying it enough, but what I meant is that I know that the ePSX emulator saves memory cards as files, what I want to know is whether or not those files could be transferred from one emulator to another(like, different versions of ePSX or lets say, PSX) and still have the same data on there.
    Like, I could have a save from a game on an emulator. I then import the memory card with the save on there to another emulator and still have the save available to play.

4. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

different versions of ePSXe yes. between different emulators possibly

5. FormalMoogle

So I could just copy and paste the files on one version's memcard folder to the other?

6. Loonylion

and make sure the configuration points to the right files

7. FormalMoogle

Ah, good to know.

Man, I have been stuck with FFIX by using 1.6. The game froze at

Dali when the airship takes off and it freezes in midflight.

I have read that it's a common problem with 1.6

8. Loonylion

you need to use 1.5.2 for squaresoft games like the final fantasy series.

9. FormalMoogle

I have played through Tactics all the way without any problems except for a few glitching in the sound at times on 1.6. I think that someone has mentioned sometime ago that both 1.5 and 1.7 could play all three of the main series FF's for the PS? I have 1.7 fixed right now.

10. Loonylion

afaik all the ff main series have issues on 1.6 and 1.7

11. FormalMoogle

Guess that I'll just have to play on and see. Thanks for the help.

12. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

@FormalMoogle: I see the great one has provided a suitable answer to your query :)

But just to add, there are also some cases when an emulator gets totally overhauled in a newer release that forward compatibility for save files from a newer version of an emulator will not work for an older release but backward compatibility is possible. An example I can give is snes9x of which saves from older versions will still work on the newer release, but saves from it won't work for the older variants.

13. FormalMoogle

Hmm, I see. What I have done yesterday was that at first I have tried configuring the mem cards to the memcards folder for 1.7 by copying the memcard files from 1.6 over to that folder, but it wouldn't work. What I did next was just config it for 1.7 to have the memcards saved on 1.6's memcard folder and it worked that time and I was able to still play from where I have left off.

14. Loonylion

im not aware of compatibility issues transferring memcard files between ePSXe 1.5.2, 1.6 and 1.7.