1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your New Years Resolution

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jackblaze, Jan 1, 2009.

1. jackblaze

jackblaze Well-Known Member

I want to know each and everyone of you guys new years resolution

Mine is that i promise that i will stop watching all those sitcoms and play more soccer for my school

2. warriorblade

warriorblade Well-Known Member

for me is to learn how to code and help maintain a maple story private server :D

3. zinectics

zinectics Well-Known Member

mine is

i will study hard to graduate this school year :D

4. mines to diet of course lol,need to lose a few stone this year hugs txxx

5. apophos755

apophos755 Well-Known Member

I made New Year's Resolution several years ago to never make any more New Year's Resolutions. So far I've not had a problem keeping that one. :p

6. ClydeOne

ClydeOne Well-Known Member

Mine is to exercise more often. Also, if possible, get back into drawing my comics. I have a lot of half finished comics. :-[

7. 9NineBreaker9

9NineBreaker9 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that sounds like a good resolution. I think I'll go with that one >.>

8. Aiiko

Aiiko Well-Known Member

I'm determined to get at least a Merit on my current course, be more optimistic and never again let anyone stand in my way. The world will be mine! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

9. jackblaze

jackblaze Well-Known Member

how can u do that a resolution is to better yourself for that year

10. Fearon

Fearon Well-Known Member

Beat any and all FF games I own, and uh... oh yeah, pass English, pf-ft.

11. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

im with you there, no one fulfils thier resolutions anyway, if I did have one it would be to not drink so much, but considering the fact that im holding a beer I think it may be too late.

12. Born2killx

Born2killx Well-Known Member

Read the [rules]. Using internet shorthand such as "u" is against the rules.

13. asibrycec

asibrycec Member

I have to gain weight hmm well thats much of a goal than a resolution oh well mine will be eat more sleep more @_@ and avoid pron as much as possible XD I guess.

14. nomercy

nomercy Well-Known Member

Graduate... ... I hope.

15. XD9999

XD9999 Well-Known Member

hmm..new years resolution. I wanna lose 25kg of weight, work my ass of in studying, and have a decent job after graduating..lol

16. babeshake

babeshake New Member

Become mcp certified.

17. grimsim1

grimsim1 Well-Known Member

I never keep up with resolutions but I do tell myself I must do more of this or less of that. This year I told myself I must find a new girlfriend because I'm ready to get back in there. Funnily enough I met a girl exactly ten minutes after midnight at this party I was at on New Years Eve. Another one is to get fit again and start football again this year.

18. apophos755

To thine own self be true. Making empty promises to yourself, no matter how well intended, is a waste of time and effort. I made that resolution to keep from lying to myself anymore. I made several resolutions to quit smoking and to lose weight, but in the end it was all for naught, as I always failed. The only way to truly succeed in a life changing promise is to want that one thing more than anything else, and to constantly reassure yourself that it's for the better. Without support from friends and family, hell even yourself, a big change can end in failure. I have found that if you take a problem and break it down into smaller pieces, it can be easier to succeed. Divide and conquer.

Making a life altering decision simply based on a "New Year" is, in my opinion, a poor reason. There should be several contributing factors involved in your decision to improve you life, and remember any change to you behavior is going to be difficult to maintain. Humans are creatures of habit, and by nature, we fear change. Even if it's for the greater good of ourselves or someone we care about.

So, I stand by my decision, because not lying to myself is good for me.

One more thing, traditions are just that, traditions. Doing something simply for the sake of doing it, is a waste of time. There should be meaning and purpose in those actions, not just going through the motions.

19. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

I like that train of thought, way to own everyone lol :p

20. apophos755

I try my best. XD