1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your most memorable gaming events?

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by xelados, Sep 25, 2009.

1. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

In this topic, we share with others the experiences we've had while gaming, good or bad, that have stood out in our minds years after they've happened. I'll start with a few:

* The first time I booted Super Smash Bros Melee, back in 2001. It was friggin' magical, and that game dominated my life for the better part of about 10 months. I sorta miss that game, to be honest. :X

* Super Smash Bros Brawl. Boss Battles. Intense. 'Nuff said.

* Setting foot into the open areas of Mizar's Palace (Jet Force Gemini) as Juno. Epic.

* The entire ending to Zelda: Twilight Princess, starting from setting foot into Hyrule Castle to Midna disappearing.

* The first time I played through Ocarina of Time and pulled the Master Sword. I don't care for the game much anymore, but it was responsible for skyrocketing my interest in art and that twist was amazing.

* Finding out what was in the "lost treasure" of Old Rogueport in Paper Mario: TTYD. Priceless!

* Booting practically any Mario game for the first time. SMB1 and 3, Mario 64, and Galaxy stand out the most to me.

* Beating the pants off of your rival for the championship in Pokémon. Any version, really, but it had more impact in Red/Blue/Yellow. He acted SO smug the entire game, even when beaten, only to have the championship for mere minutes; not even long enough for his grandfather to come congratulate him. Blue receives such a thorough pwning, and when you're in the heat of the moment it's like elation when his last Pokémon finally falls.

I feel similarly whenever I beat Lance. Dragonites are a pain.

That's enough from me, now! >_>;; What do you guys remember most?

2. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

when i beat jero,the kid who brought dota to us in here and the most greatest dota player in here,at dota one time!

when im playing with my cousins with supermario games we were so thrilled!

3. ggrroohh

ggrroohh Well-Known Member

For me its reducing an enemy unit's HP to 1 in Super Robot Taisen.
    To do that you need a lot of luck

4. tevak

tevak Well-Known Member

When I beat Yoshi's Island as a kid. It was the first game I had ever beaten.

5. telegraph0000

telegraph0000 New Member

Nes...original Ninja Gaiden...
    beat the final boss, without cheating or anything...best moment ever----could never beat the game again.

6. rokkubr

rokkubr Active Member

Turning my Super Nintendo whit my first game and hearing that that epic music,i will never forget final fantasy III.Pwning Bowser on Super Mario World for the first time.Turning my Gameboy colour and hearing Pikachu on pokemon yellow.Starting a new game on Thousand Arms for Playstation.Not to forget about FFVII.

7. triemie

triemie Well-Known Member

when i started playing Kingdom hearts man those were time ;)

8. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

When I played Sonic the Hedgehog 3 on the Ice Cap level, that was good!

9. MasterKupo

MasterKupo Well-Known Member

Playing Super Mario 64 for like 5 years before finally finding the final star, kupo.

10. Sarah Kreuz

Sarah Kreuz Well-Known Member

Memorable gaming events. mmhh, "magic moments"...

In Metal Gear Solid when Deep Throat died (FooooooooooXXx!!!!). And only half an hour later Meryl`s dead Body...and those innocent views of mother nature, combined with a nice little poesy at the end gave me the rest. *sob*
    The whole Game was an emotional trip for me - But especially those scenes.

edit: 1989/90 my first Game for my brandnew Gameboy was "Super Mario Land". Was amazing to get in just one try straight to the Extro, the end-sequence were this catchy Music starts to play. ;) maaaaaaan, I was proud.... :)

edit: oh...one thing almost forgot. I am a huge (HUGE!) Turrican-Fan. And i bought both "Super Turrican" for the Snes, just the day when they were available here in Germany. Can`t explain it in words, what i felt first playing it (and then for weeks nothing else ;)). Just awesome.

11. TheBlueMeanie

TheBlueMeanie Member

I guess I'm the old man here. Playing the first Super Mario Bros. on my friend's brand new NES back in '85 was epic.

I can remember games like Legend of Zelda, Metroid and Metal Gear dominating my teenage years. I actually spent 13 hours straight playing Zelda one weekend. A personal record that stands to this day. Playing through and beating Metal Gear was very rewarding too.

I'd also spend hours after school playing friends in Tecmo Bowl tournaments.

12. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I do believe there is already a thread on this.

13. MasterKupo

MasterKupo Well-Known Member

You beat Metal Gear? You must have the patience and puzzle solving skills of a god, kupo!

14. bad316

bad316 Member

hearing the song at ragnarok in final fantasy 8 disc 3 ^_^

eyes on me... sweet.....

15. shaNa-chan

shaNa-chan Well-Known Member

The scene where Tidus and Yuna alone makes me sad, with the song Suteki da Ne... and when Tidus disappear at the end of game ... :'( :'(

16. xelados

xelados Well-Known Member

Nah, you're not the only one. I picked up gaming in '87, when I was 2. That's about as early as anyone could, really! :p My brother and I used to play Tecmo Bowl... it was the only sports game I enjoyed.

17. dragneon007

dragneon007 Well-Known Member

Battling RED on pokemon silver version it was like Epic! and whoa! no way!

FINDING OUT THAT MEW WAs REAL shockers! blue version

Ok this is one if my favorite gaming memories
    I was at walmart with my family to pick up the First ever! really hyped up Dragon ball z game for the game boy advance and I was sooo psychied! and I started to play it in the car while my family was at walmart for an 2hours! and I was having a blast at first[ thinking] this is gonna be fun! only to beat the game and find out it was UTTER crap! My Dragon ball z fanboy inside cried! and Iw as mad that the game sucked so then thinking how I just bought the game and how bad it sucked and I beat it on the same visit while at teh wall mart parking lot I told my brother to Return the game and I was really mad and I started to stare at all the games and while I did that my brother manage to Return the game and get the money back by explaining the game was broken and then he gave me the money and I saw a game that I will never Forget I saw GOLDEN SUN for the game boy advance and said I'm gonna buy that game it cant possible be as bad as dragon ball...

only To find out HOW awesome it was!!! Best gaming moment in my life!

18. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

The hidden gay sex scene in Kingdom Hearts was very memorable.

19. Avatar33

wow very memorable
    any way when i first finished zelda ocarina of time