1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your listening habits

Discussion in 'Music' started by Reider, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Reider

Reider Modereider

Call it a bit of curiosity but let's say you find a song you absolutely love. Do you set it on repeat and play it over and over and over again until you get sick of it or do you do something else entirely?

2. damanali

damanali Well-Known Member

I play it over and over until i get bored. Like the comeback of the aqua songs.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

I put it in a 10 song playlist so it rotates once every 30-45 minutes.

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

play it over and
    over and over again until you get sick of it

5. markswan

markswan Well-Known Member

I do this, but when I get bored with it I don't never listen to it again (if it's a song that I really love), I just go awhile without listening to it. There are songs that I have a superficial liking for that I listen to repeatedly until I'm sick of them though (Like Cee Lo Green's "Fuck You", which I now despise).
    But yeah, putting songs on repeat and just zoning out listening to them before switching to something else is standard practice for me, particularly with game music because I'm conditioned to having it in the background and so can actually think and do other things (college work, research, Internetin' etc) whilst it's playing. If I'm playing a handheld game that involves doing something that is just brainlessly repetitive and doesn't require much thought (like grinding) I also do stuff like play videos of comedians performing/Zero Punctuation reviews/anything funny on my laptop on a loop so that there's some mental stimulation to enjoy.

6. Void

Void Well-Known Member

I try not to listen to individual tracks too much because it makes listening to albums a pain if you have an imbalance of exposure for one or two songs. And if I like an artist enough to listen to one of their songs on repeat I can certainly appreciate the rest of their material. Plus many songs have great juxtaposition in context to the full release and wearing the song out before hearing that sucks. It's like reading certain chapters of a book without reading the rest of it.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I'll listen to them until I can't stand them anymore. Then, I won't listen to them until I have to listen to them. Then, after that one time listening to it, I'm sick of it again.

8. kenny6457

kenny6457 Well-Known Member

this
    and this

9. iluvfupaburgers

iluvfupaburgers Well-Known Member

i do this, same as void. cant just listen to a song, if i like a song, i usually just play the whole album

10. evannick

evannick Well-Known Member

this
    made me search for new music in a much higher frequency
    I do try to avert this though

11. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

I always like the song which I put new on my ipod
    I mostly want to play them over, but sometimes I don't, cause I know I will get sick of them

12. calvin_0

calvin_0 Well-Known Member

i repeat it until i get sick and move on to the next song.

13. Fylgja

Fylgja High level Neet

i once listened to the same song for 90 minutes

14. 10tarik10

10tarik10 Well-Known Member

And you still like the song?

15. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

beat you, I listened to one song for 3 1/2 hours. And its one that people start losing their sanity after about 20 minutes.

16. will1008

will1008 Well-Known Member

Sometimes I let the player choose but mostly I change to another once the other was finished. I hassle, though.

17. someirishkid

someirishkid Well-Known Member

Friday?

Also, I repeat the same song over and over whenever I find a new one that I like.

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

No, neuromancer theme tune.

19. exiavalanche

exiavalanche Well-Known Member

plat it over and over until i get sick of it although queen is an exception

20. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member

Beat you, I listened to the Red Alice mix of the Lucky Star theme song for 7 1/2 hours.