1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your favorite villain!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by doughboy, Sep 25, 2010.

1. doughboy

doughboy Guest

So over time we all have seen some very dumb, funny, funny looking villains etc...
    (Joker, Bowser, Dr. Evil and so on)
    My question to you is, Who is your favorite villain?
    At the time mine is Ganandorf (he has been for a while)
    (I just finished LOZ:Twilight Princess) and I got to say, the last battle... was...EPIC!
    EDIT:
    sorry for hj your post dedboy. didn't find anything of the sort when looking (not that similar that is).

2. houstontx224

houstontx224 Well-Known Member

Mine has got to be Sephiroth...What can I say? FF VII made an impression on me.

HoustonTX224....and you KNOW this maaaaaaan!!! (In my BEST Chris Tucker voice)

3. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

i guess i have high standards for what counts as epic in a boss battle then

4. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

Top 3:

1)
    [​IMG]
    2)
    [​IMG]
    3)
    [​IMG]

5. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

What the Hell!?

Where's the thread dedboy made :p

Also, as I said on that thread....

6. dedboy

dedboy Guest

I deleted mine Cahos, at least he hi-jacked a decent topic ;)

Max Von Syndow from Needful Things.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Why? Your thread was doing fine right?

If it was because I made an older thread years ago then it's OK, I mean mine was so old that necro posting on it wouldn't have been a good idea.

8. buchichu

buchichu Well-Known Member

even though they're more like anti-villains, I've always had this thing for Team Rocket. As in Jesse, James and Meowth, not just the organization. love those guys.

oh, and...Harley Quinn duh.

9. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Nah man, I just felt it was going nowhere fast. In a weird sort of way, by someone re-posting it basically, I feel vindicated. A little bit at least. Someone should now do a favorite hero thread now, to compliment this one. And thank you for looking out for me Cahos, so long as the thread lives on, it doesn't matter who the OP is anymore.

Also: Ryder and Sweet from GTA: San Andreas. They started off as your friends, turned enemy, and still their ideas made you think.

10. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

Why has nobody mentioned Kefka?
    He's the only Villain I know who has successfully destroyed the world MID-WAY through the game!

[​IMG]

11. archlvt

archlvt Well-Known Member

I dunno, ganondorf stomped hyrule pretty good in oot when you first wake up as an adult. Not a fan of him though. I was gonna say kefka, but for whatever reason, I like Saturos and Menardi more.

12. toffster92

toffster92 Well-Known Member

I played FF 6 before I played OoT, and I think the FF came out before OoT anyways so..

Also, Saturos and Menardi weren't REALLY villains. I mean, they were viewed as villains in GS 1, but their real intentions, saving the world, were revealed in GS 2 so technically they were just misunderstood.

13. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Me.
    Right now i am my favorite villain.
    After all what truly is more dangerous than the human mind?

14. buchichu

I've always wanted to play a villain, thinking it would be so fun, but even when I'm playing games with morality charting (see: every Bioware game evar, Fable) I can't help but choose the light side of the force. I don't know why, but I just have so much trouble being nasty even to stupid AI.

on a dare a friend told me to be a prick in Dragon Age and after the first time I hurt Alistair's feelings it was over for me. ironically, I can have a pretty harsh view on actual humanity. I've often wondered if I'd have trouble taking a life under certain circumstances and - even though I've never been faced with such a decision, thankfully - I think I just might.

nothing crazy, you know, like someone hurts or kills a loved one, would I enjoy popping their eyeball out with a spoon for some kind of self-satisfaction. I think I would.

15. dedboy

dedboy Guest

Good summary chief. I'm sorry to say this, but you don't strike me as female. I know I am wrong, so forgive me, but still.

16. buchichu

I get that a lot. I rarely put my sex down, especially on gaming sites since people tend to react to me differently when they think I'm just one of the dudes. clearly I've been hanging out on the internet too long, but yeah - otherwise I'm a typical gamer, geek, anime nerd. I don't know what people like us did before online communities.

oh wait, I do: we were miserable social outcasts who thought we were the only people like us. :-\

17. MohsinMVP

MohsinMVP Well-Known Member

My top 3 villains of all time
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    If you can name the third villain than I am impressed

EDIT: The 2nd one is Kefka... IDK what happened to picture

18. buchichu

some people don't like their bandwidth being stolen or something.

19. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Well-Known Member

Hey Cahos. I think you misunderstood the whole idea of Jigsaw. He doesn't torture people into killing themselves at all - in fact, for him death is the least satisfactory outcome of his traps.

He devises tests for each person to avoid death, tests that reflect on a bad thing the victim has done. A voyeur might have to lose his eyes to get out of his death trap. A junkie would have to swim through a pit of syringes. They come out of it like new people (or would if these people didn't fuck themselves over). Your interpretation of him is wrong and isn't an accurate picture of the character. Yeah, he's a villain, but his ultimate goal is to teach these people the true value of life.

As for Lecter, well, he's a sociopathic monster. He doesn't rationalise anything (although the root of his cannibalism is explored in the prequel book). He might be a genius, and he might be cultured, but he's still a monster who kills because he likes to. If he's your idol, you've got some serious issues.

20. Cahos Rahne Veloza

LOL! Read my post on dedboy's now closed Serial killer thread & write me back :)

And about Jig-saw (didn't know that was his name), so I'm guessing he was like the guy on "The Phonebooth" then?