1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Your country system education and Asia system.Is it good than other?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by forte_amirul, May 18, 2009.

1. forte_amirul

forte_amirul Well-Known Member

Well the main reason is to discuss your country system education ..

State your country first.Than discuss.

Oh yeah!For those like me,e.g. I livin in Malaysia for about 13 years and this year I moved to Kuwait due to my father's work so I can feel the difference of education.Is it hard or not e.t.c.

Well,I'll tell the difference of mine education once I got a reply.K. For those who are already end their schoolhood feel free to submit your idea.

2. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

Philippines

Educational system: Excellent! Excellently lagging that is.

Our public schools are over populated, we lack classrooms & good teachers choose to leave the country to work abroad because they get payed better & those in the very far off provinces are like several decades behind on lessons even. Also in those places you are considered lucky enough if you even got to finish high school as in some areas sixth grade is as far as you can go because High School (7th to 10th grade) isn't free or is not subsidized by the government.

3. Blade5406

Blade5406 Well-Known Member

I second that!

4. crazytuna

crazytuna Well-Known Member

Canada, Quebec
    Well I dont know for the rest of the Canada, cause we have our own educational system, but I would say that's it's pretty good
    5 years of high school, then 2 years of CEGEP, and after that college
    most of the schools funds come from the government so the stuff they teach are pretty up to date
    but it seems my school is over-charging us students >_>

5. nex26

nex26 Well-Known Member

Scotland is known to have one of the better education systems in the world, it's also government funded which means students don't need to pay for tuition fees. Alot of our universities are in the process of pairing with Chinese ones, mainly in the computing and games courses, with many chinese students coming over here to finish their courses.

6. forte_amirul

How many subject you guys learned?

In Malaysia,
    Lower schoolfor age 7 to 12:16 subjectand 5 is main subject(Heck!)
    Medium high school for age 13 to 15:16 subject and 9 is main subject.(Still I wonder how is other country?)
    High school for age 16 and 17:You can choose.Minimum 10 maximum I don't know coz not yet there.

In Kuwait next,
    Seven ONLY!(What the),also IGCSE(I take it)

In class it's like a war.

7. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Let me see, for elementary there is Math, English (literature & Grammar), Filipino (literature & Grammar) MAPE (Music, Arts & P.E.) Values Education blargh totally useless :p, HeKaSi (Geograhy, History & Civics), Home Economics (yerp we don't have woodshop here :'( ) Computer subjects (recently added by private schools) & Science so that's 15 subjects.

For high school we have essentially the same, except in 7th grade (first year) Science is Natural Sciences, then Biology on 8th grade, then Chemistry then Physics. Math is Algebra on 7th grade up til 8th grade then Trigonometry & Analytic Geometry in Senior (10th grade) year. By third year we get CAT (Citizens Army Training) again utterly useless as you could learn more playing counterstrike.

8. forte_amirul

Hehe I agree with you.

9. Jommi123

Jommi123 New Member

Helsinki, Finland said to be one of the best education systems in the world goverment pays all the schools so they all are free (universities also) MAny people come to FInland as exchange students for the free universities. THere are many international and spesialized schools for foreigners.

10. BloodVayne

BloodVayne Well-Known Member

Indonesia: sufficient, IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY.

Indonesia is in what you would call a "transitional" phase in terms of education. For the better part of the 20th century, the curriculum was very flexible and well, quite good. Except for the total indoctrination of all social subjects (history, social studies, civics) by the Suharto regime. And also the fact that going to school back then was fucking expensive, less than half of all Indonesians could afford it.

Within the last several years, specifically right after the reform of 1998, the dept. of education has "changed things around", for better or worse. There is less indoctrination as of now, but some remnants still remain (i.e. not allowed to discuss Communism, Fascism). Gone with the old, in with the new curriculum where the gov't is playing a desperate catchup game. There's now a clear "passing grade" and standardized testing, which seems good except for the fact that it leads to students cheating their ass off and focusing on just passing the exams, not school itself. The cost? still expensive as fuck if you want sufficient education.

11. crazytuna

Money doesnt matter here, if youre smart or if you can be smart, or if you just want to go to school, the school pays for your fees

12. ultra

ultra Guest

in america the public education system sucks because it's all about money. private schooling [the school where you pay for] is always going to surpass the public schooling because they have to work hard to ensure that the person is fully educated but while in public schooling you have teachers who aren't there to fully ensure the person is fully educated.

think about sales representatives. sales representatives who work for commission work harder to earn customers and to earn their salary because it's based on what they can sell to the customers. but if a person who isn't working under commission, that person could simply ignore you because no matter what they still get their salary at the end of the week and didn't have to work hard to earn it. this is the american public school. they always say they need more fundings for this and that but it isn't because you can put all the money in the world in the american public education system and they'll still say it isn't enough.

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Talk about "it's all about the money" THERE ARE private schools here that are total horse poo when it comes to providing good education, they just say the give the best education around so they can trick parents into giving up hard earned money for their crappy services.

14. crazytuna

Arent there like a school grading system? so the parents would know if the school is good or not

15. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Do you mean a ranking system that shows you which schools are good & which are not?

Yes we do have that, but because such a list must be procured from the local school board, most parents don't bother getting this list. They often choose schools here by word of mouth, which schools are the cheapest to enroll their children in or the school's reputation.

16. ultra

ultra Guest

there is a famous quote by bill gates, which he says "success makes you weak". the one problem is that private schools earn their merits by the work the teachers performed to educate the learner. over time these schools develop a status and with that status it either goes up [as it becomes good] or goes down [as it becomes bad]. for the schools that ends up bad, they eventually try harder to better improve or simply die out [they close]. but here is the problem with the schools that goes up, they simply get lazy and don't push the bar, they become [just like in the video game industry] a niche. they simply use the merits that they earned in the past to sell their business to the people in the present. what will happen is that they mislook at things or do things the same way in the past and don't improve on things or look at new directions that they can move forward on to further improve or better their systems. this is the one problem with private schools.

there are ways to avoid this problem, like from "word of mouth" by other parents and their children. i find that if a person is fully understanding of the subject that he or she is learning, they often are excited to learn more and would want to go to school. but if a person who isn't they hate school.

17. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Great words as always ultra, but don't forget a majority of parents see a child not interested in school as being lazy or too hooked on something (like videogames & other "distractions") they are a bit too quick to mis-judge their kids. But hey, most often laziness is the one to blame.

18. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

me i dont like school that much but i dont want to quit school or cut classes

19. timmy1991

timmy1991 Well-Known Member

I live in the US.
    I would say that our pulic schooling is decent to an extent. It's all free until you get to college.
    we have 6 years of elementary school, (that's kindergarten through 5th grade) or 7 if you go to pre-schooling, ages 5-11. There are three years of middle school, grades 6-8, ages 12-14. four years of high school, grades 9-12, ages 14-18. Then there's college for like 1-8 years i think. and then finishing it up with graduate school, if you so choose to go.

so lets say there's a good 28 years of schooling, if you decide to go to college.
    most students get past 10th or 11th grade nowadays.

20. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

I used to work for British Telecom Research and Development, part of my duties was to deal with job applicants, I used to see maybe 5000 applications for 1 or 2 positions, at the time in the late 80's early 90's being part of BT R&D was a very very good job so we attracted applications from all over the world. Most of the applicants where from the UK, USA and Asia.
    The basic job requirement was to have a degree in an appropriate subject such as Computer Science. It was standard practice to bin all applications from people in the USA who had a degree as it was felt that North American degrees where sub-standard to European or Asian degrees this included ivy league collage degrees. Only Americans who had a masters degree or PHD would be considered for interview.
    I am not posting this to annoy any Americans who have worked hard for their degree, what I have said are the simple facts of what I did in a previous job. Ultimatly those who did get the job had a very high level of education, usually a masters degree and had demonstated a high level of knowladge outside of formal education regardless of where in the world they came from.