1. This forum is in read-only mode.

You need to format Disk F before you can use it! R4

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Wizzerzak, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

---

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  2. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

well...i had a similar issue, and it turned out to be my card reader......do you happen to have a different way of plugging it into your computer?

3. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

um... i could plug the micro sd into a micro sd adapter which turns it into a normal sd then use a sd to usb converter... i'll try that now...

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Well, if it's corrupted, you'll need to reformat it.

If you do format it, then you can try to use a recovery program for the data.

I backup my saves once a week. But the R4 is notorious for corrupting saves and cards. I used to have that problem all the time, but I never have had that problem with my AK2i.

5. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

but when i used one of my SD adapters, it told me to format, when i used another, it didn't.....

and i was using AK2i.....

6. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

catz_102 i've just tried that, no result

Ace101 yh thats what im trying to do but i only recovers 3 of the games and also surely if you format it then try to recover it there will be no result at all.

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I didn't see his post until after I posted.

Plus, like I said, I don't know if it truly is corrupted or not. But the R4 loves to corrupt Micro SD cards.
    But it seems as if it is truly corrupted as I said it may be.

Try a different program. I don't know the best software to do so though.

8. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

hmm... it's just why did it recover fine before but just not now... wierd...

9. Tomoka

Tomoka Well-Known Member

try this........
    http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Because you formatted it and it lost more data.

11. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

sorry i mean the 2 or 3 times before were ages ago on seperate occasions

12. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I have no clue.
    I never have used one of those recovery programs before. I never have needed to.
    Maybe it's in a pissy mood today. :p

13. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

possibly but its certainly got me in one lol.

14. bscit

bscit Well-Known Member

Happened to my before. Try using a different program to recover your files.
    I use Easus Data Recovery.

15. Jhon 591

Jhon 591 Well-Known Member

Try anuther usb port are get a good microsd card reader

I have a PCI card with usb slots some-times this cases proplems like your haveing as its not reading to well are mabe two fast, Onbord usb slots are mostly trusted

16. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

Jhon 591 i've just tried the on-board usb (back of PC) same result.

bscit i'll try that program tomoz too tired now. i'll say if it works.

17. WarioEmpire

WarioEmpire Active Member

To prevent problems in the future,

1. Backup all files on the pc and and run panasonic SD formatter to format your microsd. http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

2. Safely eject the usb reader before removing it from the pc. (right click on usb-check icon next to clock on windows 7)

If you've formatted your micro sd and still have problems later on, it's most likely a bad usb reader or fake micro sd that causes the problem. I've had problems in the past using the usb readers that are supplied with flashcarts.

18. hiello604

hiello604 Well-Known Member

The SD card is probably corrupted. I had that before. You just have to buy a new SD card. You should buy the brand Kingston. That's the one I have and others say it's a good brand. You might want to try it out but I think it's a little bit more expensive than other brands.

19. Wizzerzak

Wizzerzak Member

thanks for the help.

Yh luckily i do occasionally keep back-ups on my PC it's just i've lost everything i did last weekend and always click slafely remove hardware. It's a kingston 2GB micro-sd card and i have 2 of them, both of them do it. So i think it's either y PC (unlikely) or the sd adapter which is the one that comes with the r4 card, says MicroSD USB 2.0 on it and has a blue string thing on the end. Another possibility is it's just the r4 itself that's messing it up. I'll look into getting a different adapter.

20. KevInChester

KevInChester Well-Known Member

It'll be the SD adaptor, the ones that come with the cards are utter utter rubbish.