1. This forum is in read-only mode.

YAY I SURVIVED THE UPDATE!

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by AstroGod, Mar 30, 2011.

1. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

I had my supercard ds two in my 3ds when I updated it (the update that gives white knuckles) and my 3ds is STILL alive with online still working.
    I guess is a scare tactic and they mean that if you modify the 3ds or play flashcarts there is a 100 percent chance YOU will brick it

2. AnimeboyX3

AnimeboyX3 Well-Known Member

WTF?You can't be serious some of the guys were saying that some ppl's 3DS WERE Bricked due to the flashcarts.

What's going on? ???

3. bhatooth

bhatooth Well-Known Member

pics or it didnt happen

4. AstroGod

AstroGod Well-Known Member

I dont have a camera but i am serious I has my Supercard DS Two cause i was stupid enough to test it and it's fine
    I'll borrow a camera and post back

5. shadowhawk95

shadowhawk95 Well-Known Member

Amazing what of Nintendo's trying to scare out people of piracy.

6. hirokaski

hirokaski Well-Known Member

well its worked for me i put mine in but took it out fearing ill lose the ability to play sf4

7. Yasuhiko

Yasuhiko Member

Isn't it illegal to brick a US 3ds in America?

8. maxmahito

maxmahito Well-Known Member

Isn't it illegal to use dumped roms in America?

9. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

You don't see the point. Nintendo isn't allowed to forcefully brick any 3DS.

10. athemoe

athemoe Well-Known Member

it's your property if you buy it.
    so that means Nintendo breaks something that belongs to you.

-> Illegal

11. Stanley Richards

Stanley Richards Well-Known Member

Thanks for reinforcing my point.

12. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

you know i really wish that that was true but i heard that by turning on the 3DS you have to agree to some wierd terms and conditions that mean its not illegal for nintendo to brick it

13. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Terms and Conditions are not legally binding. They can't make illegal things legal.

But the real issue would be proving that it was Nintendo who purposefully killed your 3DS, and not the unsupported third party hardware that did it. Even if other users were able to use the third party modifications without issue, isn't enough to prove that didn't cause it.

14. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

so what about Australia have they got the same sort of rules as america about this

15. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

I personally don't think that the update was to kill flashcards. People think now that EACH update is for a block against the flashcards but that aint true. With the launch of the 3DS some features are leaking / missing and they are coming with updates. That is the main concern of the big N now.

16. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Probably.

But then again, they were founded by Criminals, so all those underhanded stuffs are probably legal :)

The idea that Nintendo is purposefully bricking your handhelds is laughable. If they really wanted to brick them when third party hardware and software were used, they would, and without warning. But read that warning every time you upgrade your Wii. It specifically mentions that upgrading your Wii when using third party modifications may cause problems. They wouldn't be in the habit of warning you if they were going to purposefully and vengefully destroy your console/handheld for using the third party hardware/software.

17. Jonez001

Jonez001 Well-Known Member

Nope, the cause isn't Nintendo because they had warned you in some way. It is know that when you use a flashcard that it can (possible) brick your 3DS. So if you use it, it is on your own risk. In our law is it the person who caused the damage is responsible so the big N isn't doing something illegal but it is just playing dirty.

18. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

Yes, if nintendo brick the console via an update then they caused the damage, they are responsible and they engaged in illegal behaviour. Not the flashcart manufacturer.

19. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Your 3DS is a camera in itself.

20. Rat.2

Rat.2 Well-Known Member

yer but how can u take a photo of a camera using the same camera you are trying to take a photo off unless you use a mirror but that makes it bad quality and stuff