1. This forum is in read-only mode.

*yawn*

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by CDBlackmage, May 28, 2007.

1. CDBlackmage

CDBlackmage Member

Okay, so am I the only one kinda bored with the Wii? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love it, I fully support the direction Nintendo is going... But... I haven't touched the system, especially to play a Wii game, in a long time. I'm kinda saddened at the games to come out on it so far, and nothing good will be coming until RE4. Red Steel was such a giant disappointment, and really, Zelda was kinda disheartening, too; Zelda was alright, I just felt like I was playing Ocarina of Time again...

2. Coke_can64

Coke_can64 New Member

Yeah But that's just the cool old retro feelin' yes? no? not... :-\

3. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Zelda was great, it did feel a lot like Ocarina of Time, but then again, they said it would be like that before releasing it.

I must admit I don't use my Wii that much because I haven't got many games for it, Red Steel I've heard to be one of the worst games for it so that's probably a bad example.

I should be getting my Wiikey sometime later this week (still praying for tomorrow) and then I'll be trying more games, I'll recommend you the good ones. ;)

4. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

Played the Wii for the first time recently...Red Steel sucks... but Zelda kicks ass....and you've gotta love Wii Sports Tennis..

I still wont buy a Wii untill there is some more quality games...

5. totalwar23

totalwar23 Member

The situation is the same with the PS3. no?
    No games to play for it either.
    First year is always like this and Red Steel does seem like a mediocre game.
    So much for Ubisoft's pledge of support. Pretty much everything they'd release are crappy ports or horrible franchises and games (Far Cry anyone)
    but hey, less then 3 months till Metroid.

6. iamlegend

iamlegend Well-Known Member

The situation is far worse for the PS3 as it has very few exclusives.
    Most of the games are available on Xbox360...and you can buy one for almost half the price

7. totalwar23

totalwar23 Member

yeah i guess but at least the PS3 gets good ports from the 360
    The Wii gets bad ports from the PS2

For god sake, right now I'm playing CoD2 from the Gamecube. I don't mind waiting, I just wish the third party developers that say they're supporting Nintendo actually supports them and put some effort in the games. Of all of the companies, EA is the one that actually stepped to the plate but I don't play sports games. Oh yes, btw, according to GameFaqs, Ubisoft is going to release Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advance Warfighter 2 for the Wii which is kind of shocking to me. Any confirm this?

8. zerozangel

zerozangel Well-Known Member

yea in all honesty i play my ds more than my wii i havn't even got around to actully finishing zelda -_- kinda got bored of it hopefully some new and better games come out

9. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Aww I found Zelda really awesome in the end, how far are you?

10. heroinmonkey

heroinmonkey New Member

I haven't bothered playing the wii for a while and have been pretty much giving my attention to the DS. (Ouendan 2 and Etryian).
    Super Paper Mario got too repetitive for me and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon doesn't have much replay value (after defeating Konquest) other than
    wasting time kart racing. The arcade challenges weren't too hard and even with the coolness of the controls it just got to be boring.
    The Wii is banking on the online ability of Pokemon Revolution and the releases of SSBM and Mario Galaxy with a few games here and there.
    I may get Godfather - Blackhands because it's getting decent reviews and uses the controls in a cool way and with RE4 coming out at the end of the month it could be a lot of fun. Overall, the Wii has more interesting games coming out (other than Halo 3) over the course of the year than the other consoles seem to.
    Of course, Madden 08 will decide which consoles get the sales boost from people sitting on the fence.