1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xTrim 1.5 Released!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adrelith, Sep 9, 2007.

1. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

xTrim 1.5 has been released. It is now able to trim roms that are in the .rar compression format as long as the user has Winrar installed on their computer and the rom name inside the rar is the same as the rar name itself (which is the case for RomUlation roms). There have been many bug-fixes and much better error handling implemented since version one. A major error update is the option to delete a rom if it already exists in the output directory as well as actually checking to make sure that trim.exe is in the specified directory before commencing trimming.

Download it and tell me what you think.

Bugs, errors, compliments and criticisms welcome.

Download here: http://www.xtrim.romulation.net.

2. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

cool way to go andrelith

3. tapwatah

tapwatah Well-Known Member

Trims usually only knock off 2 or 3 megabytes off of a rom. Sometimes not worth the time.

4. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Sometimes it can halve the size, ROMs size must be a power of 2, so if the actual game data is 68 MB then it will have to fill 128MB, so trimming it will bring it down a lot.

5. manny2260

manny2260 Well-Known Member

when i try 2 use it it says we have encountered an error plz try again

6. manny2260

whoops sorry i forgot but does anyone know what i did wrong?

7. Seph

Seph Administrator Staff Member

Don't double post... And relax, the programmer will be around at some point and answer your question, for now recheck the steps in the readme and make sure you did it exactly as specified.

8. manny2260

sorry and i was able to do it

9. adrelith

adrelith Well-Known Member

Thanks :) And yeah you can save a lot with some roms, others not so much. With the roms I have on my Evo at the moment untrimmed they stand at 656MB when trimmed they are 534MB. That's 12 files, but still the saved space is over 100MB, easily enough for another one or two games.

And manny would you please be able to tell me what the error message was and how you got it? I'd really appreciate it, I've been working hard on error handling but I might've missed something. Just post the message and what you did to get it here, or send me an email or personal message. In this post would probably be better because then anyone else with the same error can follow it up.

Thanks everyone :) Look for a new version with rom information (such as the actual rom name, not the rom file name, as well as publisher), .zip support and batch processing coming soonish :)