1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xpertron.co.uk

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cfreear, May 12, 2009.

1. cfreear

cfreear New Member

Anyone had any dealings with the above company?
    I followed a link from another forum (gbatemp i think) after a guy said he bought an EZ Flash Vi from them. I ordered one last Monday (the 4th), they took payment (most likely automated i know) but the only email I have had from them was one telling me they were 'processing' my order which I'm thinking could have been automated too.
    I'm going away this weekend to Australia for a month and I was hoping to have some games to play on the sodding plane :(. Ive tried emailing them through their ticket system (mostly automated replies again, i did get one telling me that sometimes their shipments get caught by customs on the way in from china, reassuring!) and I've tried calling their UK 'local' rate number (ie not an 08 number) but no bugger will answer.
    </rant>

2. Deathbreak911

Deathbreak911 Well-Known Member

Sorry, man. I hate to tell you this, but right now you could very well be screwed. I purchased a flashcard from a site once and complications that the site did NOT make me aware of made the total cost over 100$! It came from China as well D:

3. 1prinnydood

1prinnydood Guest

Was this done by xpertron.co.uk?

@cfreear, I have never heard of this company but if you are worried cancel the payment, phone these people they are UK based http://techwizad.com/index1.html
    Explain the situation to them, they can deliver very fast and are reliable, see if they can get a cart to you before you go to Australia, failing that get some info about Australian cart distributors and order as soon as you arrive, or if you already have address details for your stay you could order now and it should be waiting for you when you arrive.
    Good luck.

4. Deathbreak911

No, but it was the same general principle. I should have said "probably screwed." Sorry

5. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

That was more likely your customs service than the site.

6. Deathbreak911

Sorry, I accidentally took 2 benadrill today and I was tired when writing that. I'm going to edit it now D:

7. cfreear

cfreear New Member

Thanks for the advice guys! TechWizards don't seem to have any EZ Flash Vi so ill probably look into getting one over there, now i just need an aussie to recommend a couple of sites :p

8. dsldsi

dsldsi Member

Hi cfreear,

We are looking into the matter for you and will give you a satisfactory answer.

Cheers,
    The Xpertron Team

9. cfreear

cfreear New Member

thank you i look forward to it

10. rosbif

rosbif New Member

I ordered an AceKard 2i from Xpertron on 26 April. They debited my credit card and sent me an e-mail confirming it had been despatched. UK delivery 5 - 7 working days, excluding weekend and public holiday. Other countries - Order processing and delivery normally takes 8 - 16 working days, excluding weekend and public holiday.

I live in France and the parcel arrived this morning - bang on time. Small Jiffy bag with original Hong Kong customs declaration etc and an address label with my details on it.

The card, miniSD and card reader all present and correct - everything works fine.

A very satisfied customer.

11. dsldsi

dsldsi Member

Hi rosbif,

Thank you for your message and we are glad that our service and product has met your expectation.

Many thanks,
    The Xpertron Team
    www.xpertron.co.uk

12. rollinstone

rollinstone New Member

I too have placed an order with Xpertron.co.uk. The web site looks the part and the testimonies sounded good (if they are genuine).
    Anyway I placed the order on the 19th of July (About 2 weeks ago) and I still have not received anything. hopefully my stuff will come soon. I'm thinking it's a customs thing.

so if you want your flash cards in a hurry you may want to try a different web site, Sorry Expertron.

13. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

If your going to australia...you could have bought that from here

www.acegamingstore.com

I shop in person there-it's in victoria-they charge a bit more than dodgy market stalls-but I trust them :)
    Not sure about ordering stuff-if they sell overseas.

14. GlidingGoose

GlidingGoose Well-Known Member

You picked a good country to travel too!

Or

gadetgear

or

ozmodchips

15. haloworld

haloworld New Member

Despite the confirmation by Rob Saunders, a spokesman for Nintendo UK, that the R4 (and other flash carts) is not illegal by itself, the Customs have stopped all flashcarts from being imported into UK. Police raids have been carried out all over.

http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/gadgets_and_gaming/article4484224.ece

Surrey homes and business were raided by police:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/surrey/7949210.stm

Around 50,000 flashcarts are raided and seized in Camden, North London.
    http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/02/03/elspa_gaming_raid/

16. dsldsi

dsldsi Member

Due to the new regulations by the HM Customs, the shipping of our flash cards are now managed by a professional fulfillment company like the Jersey merchants.

Kind regards,
    The Xpertron Team

www.xpertron.co.uk

Gaming Experts You Can Trust

17. jakker

jakker New Member

Guys, I have the same problem with Xpertron. I am getting no responses to my emails and the phone number just rings out.

It seems odd that they can find time to answer posts on this forum to defend themselves but can't be arsed to answer their own support emails.

My advice to anyone who is thinking of buying from this company is: DON'T!

There is also a thread re this company on moneysavingexpert.

Xpertron, if you read this, if you can't live up to the 'satisfaction guaranteed' banner on your website or be bothered to offer your customers the comfort they need when making a purchase, your business is going to suffer. You will not get repeat business and forums like this will expose you to those who are thinking of buying from you. You are harming your customers and yourselves, your company is arrogant.

18. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I never even heard of these guys until I saw this thread.

Deals extreme or high ranked ebay sellers are who I trust-or the place I go to in person :)

19. smittybabe

smittybabe New Member

No answer to phone, No answer to e mails. Crap customer service !!! Do NOT use Xpertron !!!

20. stirgo1212

stirgo1212 Well-Known Member

Dealextreme is better. Drop dead cheap prices. However they have long shipping times(because the shipping is free). This is where most 3rd party sellers buy there goods.