1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xenogears-HELP!! PLZ

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by dpalf, Sep 24, 2009.

1. dpalf

dpalf New Member

I am using ePSXe 1.70
    I downloaded the iso files from the website. When I am running the game the screen just goes black. The game is not starting. Can anyone help me with this??

2. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

What plugins are you using?

This game works just fine with ePSXe 1.7.0 and Pete's OpenGL2 2.9 or D3D 1.77

3. dpalf

dpalf New Member

Thanx for the reply

Im using P.E.Op.S. Open GL Driver
    Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.15
    and SCPH 1001 for the BIOS.

I just downloaded the game again, I hope its working this time.

4. Truppel

Truppel New Member

I have the same problem here. Game not starting. I've tried the same configuration i use for another games.

I'm without a graphics card, but my motherboard have a chipset with 64MB(Geforce6150SE nforce430), and i have no trouble with castlevania or suikoden(the only game i have).

I'm using the pete's opengl 1.77

32colorbit
    B8G8R8A8
    Texture filtering: 2
    hi-res: 0
    gfx - 0(autodetect)
    use fps limit and auto detect
    compatibility: 2, 0, 4 with alpha multi pass and mask bit. advanced blending disabled
    nothing on misc selected

Any help anyone?

5. g@l1h

g@l1h Well-Known Member

You said Pete's OpenGl 1.77 ?
    Try update it and use Pete's OpenGl2 2.9 on default "Nice" setting, works for me.

6. Truppel

Truppel New Member

It's working with other images, like my castlevania and suikoden, even macross plus and vampire hunter D. But not with xenogears. And i have the .rar archive and its not corrupted.

I'm thinking of downloading again just to be sure of it. But any ideas?
    Post Merge: [time]1270661057[/time]
    i was using the mdf file to load the image. i tried using the mds and it worked.

I've seen people talking about crashes in some parts and stuff like that. Would should i wait for? Should i use save states or the memory card? Shall i make a copy of the memory card so the game doesn't bug the file?

Thanx for the help, it's working with the plugin you said

7. Terrormaster

Terrormaster Member

I've got problem with XenoGEARs on second CD. It freezes in a battle with BIG White Xtraterrestrial Thing (don't remember the name). So I searched about that fix, and some players got the same problem but in different places. The image is good, anf it runs perfectly on my dumb sh*t system with ePSXe 1.7.0 and GPU 2.9. (thnks Pete). Everything is too coll until that f*cking battle.

So if someone knows how to deal with it, please help. I know someone is waiting for this too!!!

Thanks to your AMAzining site.