1. This forum is in read-only mode.

xbox live bans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by equitypetey, Nov 14, 2008.

1. equitypetey

equitypetey Well-Known Member

well its been a good run but i've finaly been banned from xbox live,

xbox have started a new wave of banning consoles and it seems that i was right that it co insides with the release of a new dashboard.

so just a heads up to the others that have flashed 360's that are not banned yet unplug them from the internet until the new firmware comes out so you don't get banned cause if you do that console can never go on live ever again

2. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advise petey, I heard that the dashboards automatically install ???

3. equitypetey

i don't know i won't be able to get it as i'm banned

4. Patton

Patton Guest

New Dashboards are out?? :eek:

I haven't been on live for a loooong time!

Thanks for the heads up though

5. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

What do you mean "flashed 360's"....

6. equitypetey

they play copied games.

not yet, it will be soon but a new wave of bans has started

7. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Oh okay, mine doesn't play copied games....that means it's been "modded" to do that right?

-Will you make a new account to play at least?

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

A new account won't work, he needs a new console.

9. equitypetey

yep it bans the console and no one has come up with a way to un ban it,

i've not been on live for a while no so i'm not to bothered but if i do want to i'll wait till the new firmware comes out and i'll probably buy another red ringer and mod that or swap my console with my brother who doesn't go on live and update his firmware so i can slay on live again.

10. Mishy

Mishy Well-Known Member

Well, at least you have options. And what games do you have that you play on live?

11. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

I read a few years ago, when the first Xbox live was setup, there was an Xbox mod that came with a sort of ON/OFF switch that enabled you to switch the modchip's function ON or OFF. When you play on Xbox Live you're supposed to turn off the chip which meant you have to play using legit games discs. Didn't that go well?

12. equitypetey

yeah there was something like that for the original xbox but you just flash the firmware of the 360 drive.

and it was stealthed but every now and a again Microsoft give up on banning people and then just before a big update do a banning wave.
    i have a feeling its so they make a ton of money from modders as they have to buy new consoles

13. Cahos Rahne Veloza

Cahos Rahne Veloza The Fart Awakens

A Business strategy then eh? Could be.

14. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

I thought you had to get a new xbox, account and ip adress when you get banned. I was wrong, but banning waves is a bit harsh, haven't people learnt a hidden way to flash 360's yet? It sounds like a lot of oncoming problems...

15. Girogex

Girogex Guest

I hope this doesn't make the Xbox360 unpupular. Because if it does I'm going to have to cancel my game and port it to the PS3

16. cjdogger

cjdogger Guest

It will never be unpopular, a little less popular to pirates but your target audience is non-pirates so you should be fine.

17. Loonylion

Port to PS3 anyway, if you do it properly it will increase your sales. The only time having it on multiple consoles hurts is when its not done properly.

18. equitypetey

no just a new 360, if i get a new console i can still use my gamertag

if you flash your 360 you know you run the risk of a ban, its been the best run yet at almost a year or so since the last ban wave

19. Rhith

Rhith Well-Known Member

I heard that in theory you could some how force the RROD and then send it in for free and you would get a new console.

The reason new accounts doesn't work is because they ban the individual MAC Address of the Xbox360 from what I've heard.
    Best of luck in getting it sorted out, I'm going to play it safe and just get a gamefly subscription this holiday season.

20. Loonylion

If that is the case then mac addresses can be changed.