1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360 Slim Failure Rate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chaunceez, Sep 4, 2010.

1. chaunceez

chaunceez Well-Known Member

yeah so whats the fail rate of The New 360 Slim?
    I want to Switch back to Xbox Becase im on my second Ps3 in less then 4 months and soon 3.....
    I had 2 or 3 360s in 4-5 years and The new slim may last me 3-4 years on only 1 Xbox if the slim has a failure rate between 20-30%

2. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

I still say the ps3 is a better option, your just unlucky.

3. chaunceez

Yeah i Know ps3 goes a Long shot its just sony and its game makers cant make really good online games like L4D2 or Halo....

4. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I've had my PS2 for 9 years now and it hasn't kicked the can. Tens of thousands of hours of use, yet people have trouble with the newer ones with only a couple hundred hours of playtime?

5. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

We are talking about ps3/360 here.

The older consoles are another story.

6. dills2

dills2 Well-Known Member

id say stop playing so much do you 12 hours straight or stop putting consoles on fire it overheats because you use it to much maybe feel the console while playing (the back of it and if its hot stop playing)

7. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

I know. I just don't understand why the newer consoles have so much trouble.
    I know the 360 was rushed and it was never fixed properly, but why don't they test more before releasing the consoles.

8. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

So they can charge the piss out of you for fixing it (after warranty)

9. mds64

mds64 Well-Known Member

This.

Also the fact is, they are rushing these consoles out to meet these demands and expectations, even the smaller 360 has issues (try moving the console with a disc inside).

That and these consoles are too far ahead of their time, for proper cooling they would need to be alot bigger with many fans, why the ps3 has a bloody mega fan, but it's not enough...

This is why i like the wii, less power-proper cooling-minimal fail rate :)

10. ace1o1

ace1o1 Well-Known Member

Ah!

I made a good choice with the Wii then. :D

I want to know what the failure rate of the 360 slim is?

11. MadmanNero

MadmanNero Well-Known Member

You don't get the Red Ring of Death (RRoD) on a slim, you now get a Red Dot of Death (RDoD). Supposed to be a preemptive warning before it fries.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. chaunceez

Okay thanks so would i need to buy an intercooler for the new 360 slim or should i just buy an elite?

13. doughboy

doughboy Guest

what are you 10...........wait.......
    *looks at profile
    oh no wonder...........hes 12..........guessing he still has not learned how to appreciate his things........
    bet he might say something like........it overheats.........it has been shown that bigger systems overheat..........
    best choice would be don't play it for too long..............
    or you could go with the older systems such as the gamecube...........suggestion..................

14. Kage56

Kage56 Well-Known Member

the RDOD is when it dies, the prompt is when it's alerting you of shut down.
    the new 360 looks a lot uglier than i expected...

the ps3 isn't more powerful than a pc when it comes to heating up, it has a proper (set of) fan(s) and large vents for heat to escape in the back. the 360(original), on the other hand, was hardware jammed inside a metal box covered in a plastic box with holes for a vent. the new 360 has a better, obtrusive vent on the side to let the heat out unlike it's predecessor.

15. Natewlie

Natewlie A bag of tricks

Not so much with the Xbox, the latest ones have a slimmer chance of failing, and there's a 3 year warranty for E74 error and RRoD. In fact, paying any warranty at a retail store for an Xbox is a total rip off. :\

16. chaunceez

So go with the slim not the elite and im turning 13 in October you noobs....

17. lewis9191

lewis9191 Well-Known Member

If you do this to any console its going to be bad news

18. TirithRR

TirithRR Well-Known Member

Less interesting games as well. :)

19. doughboy

doughboy Guest

an answer you would expect from a 12 y.o..........

20. sylar1000

sylar1000 Well-Known Member

This coming from a 666 year old.