1. This forum is in read-only mode.

Xbox 360 Price Cut

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Almo, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

Microsoft will soon cut the price of its best-selling Xbox 360 model, according to a published report. The company will reduce the retail price for the 20-GB Xbox 360 Pro by $50, to $299 “in the coming weeks,” according the Hollywood Reporter. The magazine’s report cited anonymous sources in the retail industry. Microsoft officials did not immediately return a call from InformationWeek seeking comment. Microsoft is looking to maintain recent Xbox sales’ momentum in the face of stiff competition from Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Nintendo’s Wii unit. The 40-GB PlayStation 3 sells for $399, while the Nintendo Wii sells for $250.

In its most recent quarter, Microsoft reported that Xbox 360 total console sales surpassed 19 million during the period, up 74% from the previous year. Recent releases of hot-selling game titles, including Halo 3″and Grand Theft Auto IV, have helped spur Xbox 360 sales. Halo 3, an Xbox 360 exclusive, smashed numerous gaming industry sales records when it debuted late last year — including most launch-day sales. Among the upcoming titles that Microsoft is counting to further grow Xbox 360 sales is Rock Band 2, which is slated for release in September. The game lets players perform popular songs by using an array of virtual instruments.

Kinda pissed off over Rock Band 2 lol, Read the article on it the other day, NZ hasnt even got the first one yet! FFS lol

2. Reemr

Reemr Well-Known Member

I'll probably have to pick one up soon. I rarely play my Wii, the online sucks.

3. anandjones

anandjones Well-Known Member

This is pretty awesome, though those aren't the prices here, for example, Wii is still 450+ :( Maybe I should get a 360, pwn Winterreise and everyone else :p

4. Almo

Almo Well-Known Member

360 was cut here to $399 :)

Also check this out:

[​IMG]

Hence if your in NZ a 360 would be a good choice.

5. kanwarrulz_123

kanwarrulz_123 Well-Known Member

It was predictable, as PS3 and Wii console sales were increasing. Microsoft had to cut their prices. I had an email that PS3 might become $100 cheaper.

6. jc_106

jc_106 Well-Known Member

What I dislike in the PS3 is only the 40GB version is available in Europe. It's the 2nd PS3 worst version, only surpassed in suckness by the 20BG version. The best version is the 60GB, then the 80GB.

If I'd be getting a new console, then it'd be a NDS. Then the 360, since I already have a home console.

Nice news, by the way! Right now, a 360 here with GTA 4 costs around 350€ or so. Now, time for maths: 350-50=300.

[me=jin_kazama]starts thinking[/me]

WTF? 300 for a 360 with GTA 4 included? God dammit, that's low!

7. kanwarrulz_123

I have a 80 GB PS3 (not modded), besides... you can only get 40GB one because people are in a hurry to buy it. New shipments are likely to get arranged.

8. Loonylion

Loonylion Administrator Staff Member

I'm going to put a bigger hard disk in my PS3 when the warranty expires.

9. kanwarrulz_123

Relayy , Loony you have a PS3.... Welcome to the club.